02 honda civic ex sedan component speaker ??

gust4life

hello i just bought a 2002 honda civic ex sedan and i want to upgrade stock speakers with component ones in the front ...
so far i had my eyes on infinity brand just because i had those in the past and i like the audio quality and so i checked the size that fits my car and it says 6 1/2 and therefore i was looking into the infinity kappa (KAPPA60.9CS) and was wondering if they fit? if so where do u recommend installing tweeter? i seen on a previous post where they posted it on the door and it looks awesome or in the pod where the side mirrors are but how does that work? heres the link to the speakers and hope someone can help me out thanks

http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/p...od=KAPPA60.9CS

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your link does not work.

With a component set, there usually are more than one type of mount cups in order to give you a choice of how you want to mount them.

Surface mount on the inner mirror trim or a-pillar trim:

Or flush mount on the door panel.

gust4life

oh sorry maybe this link works better

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108609CS/Infinity-Kappa-60-9cs.html?search=kappa_60.9&skipvs=T

and both of them look nice now where is it recommended as far as sound goes? or both are equally as good?

and now how about the actual speaker would it fit? or would i need a spacer of such sort?
thanks for your help really appreciate it =)

(crutchfield says it doesnt fit but i check the actual infinity website and it recommended these for my car so now im confused)

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Infinity..

harsh highs and zero midbass....

You can get so much more speaker for 250 dollars.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OP, what is your budget?

Rear speakers are useless as they pull the soundstage back.

Invest everything into your front stage and a good amp.

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
as stated, rears are useless.

$250 dedicated to the fronts can get you something good.

gust4life

i decided to buy some rockford fosgates T2652-S now i took my door panel off and i noticed they didnt fit.. :( any suggestions on how i get them hooked up?

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
i decided to buy some rockford fosgates T2652-S now i took my door panel off and i noticed they didnt fit.. :( any suggestions on how i get them hooked up?
1. Why did you decide to go with rockford fosgate? (not saying they are a bad brand, just wayyyy overpriced)

2. How exactly are they not fitting? Maybe post a picture of your problem so we can help you out!

3. If you end up having to get rid of the fosgates for any reason, I would personally go Alpine. But I like to get the same brand speakers as my head unit. Its just a personal liking. Also, rear spakers ar enot pointless, the head unit sends more power to the rear speakers, and if you have ever turned your rear speakers down, the fronts are not as loud as you'd they they would be.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1. Why did you decide to go with rockford fosgate? (not saying they are a bad brand, just wayyyy overpriced)
Overpriced, because they're not $100 from Wal-mart?
They're around $200 or so, which for what you get, is a great price for a quality product from an established quality manufacturer.

What doesn't fit, you need to be more specific?

How are you mounting them, flush mount or surface mount?
Where are you mounting them?

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lulz@ rockford still being a "quality" manufacturer

Those comps suck for 200 dollars.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lulz@ rockford still being a "quality" manufacturer

Those comps suck for 200 dollars.
Lulz? What are you, a 10 yr old girl?
Well thought out, quality reply, saying they suck, but give no backing as to why or what other alternatives to look at. Helpful and compelling argument.
:roll:

From what I have read up about them, ppl seem to be happy with them.
Yes, I haven't been up to date on my audio components in the last 12 yrs. When I got out of it, Rockford was still putting out nice stuff, but like everything else today, I'm sure they're not as superior as they once were with everything from SoundStream to Kicker being bought out by the Chinese.:???: