'02 Nbp Ep3

joshb_

FB6
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is what i like to see. Thats one nice ass ride, keep up the good work.

brookliner7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k-series said:
I'm planning on going with this kind of intercooler when time and money permit.

This will stay under the hood and give immediate power since it will no longer need air flow from the car moving to cool the intake charge. Should shave a few lbs too.

Steve

how much are those? I'm going turbo soon, and since we're doing the welding and piping, that would save a lot of time and weight! I imagine they are not cheap!

GoofyCA18DET

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k-series said:
I'm planning on going with this kind of intercooler when time and money permit.

This will stay under the hood and give immediate power since it will no longer need air flow from the car moving to cool the intake charge. Should shave a few lbs too.

Steve

Very nice setup I drive the same type of car, but have a different turboed car. I wanted to comment on the other IC setup you wanna go with. Don't those heat soak alot easier since the water itself is still in there and just retains the heat after while (just trying to understand that setup better)?? I saw your option C02 deal that you mentioned.

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k-series, I noticed you have a ton of grounding wires, could you give me a little run-down on your set up, I already changed my engine, tranny, and neg-battery to chassis wires, I think grounding the alternator is next? You have the nicest 2002 si i've ever seen. hands down.

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im just seeing this post, nice car, loveing the turbo and rims

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
GoofyCA18DET said:
Very nice setup I drive the same type of car, but have a different turboed car. I wanted to comment on the other IC setup you wanna go with. Don't those heat soak alot easier since the water itself is still in there and just retains the heat after while (just trying to understand that setup better)?? I saw your option C02 deal that you mentioned.
There will be more heat soak, HOWEVER, the resevoir will be nice and insulated and when I'm at the track and such, I'll be running dry ice or the like to keep temps down. The immediate cooling effect will be worth it there.

The CO2 will also help greatly.

Steve

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
green said:
k-series, I noticed you have a ton of grounding wires, could you give me a little run-down on your set up, I already changed my engine, tranny, and neg-battery to chassis wires, I think grounding the alternator is next? You have the nicest 2002 si i've ever seen. hands down.

From memory (and the pic)"

Battery to intake manifold to alternator ground to valve cover
Battery to ground (battery tie down)
Battery to trans to ground

I have some better pics (and I need to verify all of the points myself since I'm doing this from memory at work). =)

Thanks for all of the kind words, I'm working hard on this ride and so far it's all paying off.

Steve

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k-series said:

From memory (and the pic)"

Battery to intake manifold to alternator ground to valve cover
Battery to ground (battery tie down)
Battery to trans to ground

I have some better pics (and I need to verify all of the points myself since I'm doing this from memory at work). =)

Thanks for all of the kind words, I'm working hard on this ride and so far it's all paying off.

Steve
thanks for the input, does it create a better ground to always go from the battery to ground? (don't know if that question made sense...)

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
green said:
thanks for the input, does it create a better ground to always go from the battery to ground? (don't know if that question made sense...)

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I'm seeing any gains from it at all. I didn't test all of the points before and after to see if the power is being routed/grounded any better.

Sorry I don't have more info.

Steve

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k-series said:
To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I'm seeing any gains from it at all. I didn't test all of the points before and after to see if the power is being routed/grounded any better.

Sorry I don't have more info.

Steve

That's cool, yeah, i haven't experienced any real gains, my engine is running smoother though, and I think I got a little better gas mileage?? but thanks for the info.

loon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice car man i checked it out a k-series.com a while ago, im a regular there i try to find a few diy's that im not afraid of, i want to try the whrite light thing but the site is messed up right now.

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, our host bailed on us and we're working to get it back to 100%.

Steve

T-MONEY_GREEN

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WOW Sweet car i have a 2002 Si also but i have not yet put up any picks. i just have my other civic on here in the 6th gen part. i also do not have all those mods to mine. i dont have quiet the money to do all that.

Raxxu

n00b with a ride
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much did you spend on all your mods (time not included)

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Raxxu said:
how much did you spend on all your mods (time not included)
Some things I won (wheels), got for free (wing), other things I got discounted prices on.

Over all, big money, but well worth it, IMO.

Steve

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just picked up an electric cutout for my exhaust from www.quicktimeperformance.com . I'll be isntalling it next week hopefully.

Nothing like going from a stock muffler to full open pipe with the flick of a switch. =)

Steve

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks like I'll be getting some cosmetic mods afterall. I had a nice accident on Monday where I rearended a lady. Entire front end is bashed.

Hood
Fenders
Driver Door
Bumper
Grille
Radiator
Condenser

So far....

Once my guys start taking it apart, we'll see how the motor looks and especially the turbo kit.
However, now's my time to upgrade. I won't give hints as to what I'm doing, but I'll post pics when it's done.

;)

Steve

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So, I ordered some parts to replace what was damaged.

JDM Headlights
Mugen Style CF Hood
Mugen Style CF Grille
JDM Red H

I'm about to order a better radiator too, need to see what the insurance company offered up for it.

I'll have pics in a week or 2 when it gets out.

Steve