04 Civic d series engine swap

Nelly74

I have a 04 Civic coupe with a D series engine.I believe it's rated at around 127 hp.I would like to do a motor swap to achieve my goal of around 240-250 hp.What would be my best choice for price and the amount of work required.My budget is right around 4K.=)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
k series is your only choice

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
B18 + Turbo. If you can find turbo parts and piece a kit together rather than buying a kit, you can make that budget.

EDIT: Didn't notice you have a 7th gen... so ignore this post, lol. Yeah, Iiiiiii'm dumb :oops:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you cant put that motor in a 04 can you?

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
B18 + Turbo. If you can find turbo parts and piece a kit together rather than buying a kit, you can make that budget.

no b's and h's only k's

if u really want to swap your engine to a k series your going to need at least 4-5 grand, and that just for parts, most the time these swap cost like 8-9 grand in the end, if u get it installed by a shop. but yeah good luck with the swap

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no b's and h's only k's

if u really want to swap your engine to a k series your going to need at least 4-5 grand, and that just for parts, most the time these swap cost like 8-9 grand in the end, if u get it installed by a shop. but yeah good luck with the swap
Whoops. Didn't see that he had a 7th gen.. my b!

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think if you went with a turbo you could stay within budget and maybe get close to the power you want; not quite all the way there but close.