'04 CL9/TSX Grocery Getter/Baby Transporter & Daily Driver

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So recently I found out I'm going to be a dad, so in preparation for that I decided to stop driving junkers daily and actually get something nice, comfy, affordable and something I can still enjoy by lightly modding. I searched for a few weeks and this baby popped up. I took an early day at work, fell in love and purchased it the same day after taking a look at it. I ended up trading in my old EG8 and got a steal for this thing.

Behold - my Arctic Blue Pearl '04 TSX! It has the black leather/navigation package, as well as the full factory Aspec lip kit and suspension. No mods at all, just a perfect daily! It's even automatic (I swore I'd never buy one, but I LOVE it)

A few days after I picked it up:

I drove it for awhile as is. I swore to myself I'd at least get my 240 running before I started throwing cash at it, but I blame my buddy Jared. He drives a white 6 speed TSX and showed me multiple sites for parts, forums, etc. After getting some inspiration and knowledge about these cars, I did some research to see what I could get away with for fairly affordable mods while keeping the lady happy.

First mod. OEM Honda TSX window visors

My buddy in Tennessee found someone selling a set of Tein Street Basis coilovers for dirt cheap. Barely used, the guy said they were just too soft for him. I read reviews, and I was sold! I need soft lol.

Once I got those installed, here was the end result:

Naturally, I started looking for wheels. I really wanted to run a set of CR Kai's, and my buddy was willing to sell me them for cheap. So, I picked them up but they were WAYY too aggressive for the stock TSX fenders. I'd rather not go all super stretched stanced whatever, so I threw them up for trade. I got offered a set of NT03's in a much more subtle (but still aggressive) size, so I went ahead and did that. These are 18X9.5 +27.

So that got me a bit excited! I bought some Volk Racing Formula lug nuts in blue so they should be here fairly soon as well. Gotta pick some tires then I'll get my suspension dialed in.

The other day I decided to finally touch up my headlights. I'd love to get some OEM Euro R headlights in the future but at the moment they're wayy out of my budget!

I ended up using the Meguiars heavy duty headlight restoration kit. Worked amazing! Here's some before/during/after photos.

Before:

During:

After:

Super happy with the result! I don't have much else planned for the car other than a Mugen front grill, OEM Honda Euro R Accord rear badges, and maybe a few engine bay goodies (Plug cover, oil cap, rad cap, intake, etc).

Any updates I'll throw in here! Hope you guys enjoy =)

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t looks good

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats on that your going to be a dad soon man!

The new car is nice.

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice grocery getter

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the comments guys! I love it!

Congrats on that your going to be a dad soon man!

The new car is nice.
Thanks man! I'm just anxious to meet the fellow. Only a few more months!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You already know how i feel about this. I hate you

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't want to be that guy, but I gotta ask. Do you wish you got it in manual?

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You already know how i feel about this. I hate you
<3 you =)

I don't want to be that guy, but I gotta ask. Do you wish you got it in manual?
Not at all man! If it was my main project car then of course I would of gotten a manual. But since this is my daily driver/baby hauler, I prefer an auto. Plus if it was manual I'd want to mod the engine and in this case I don't haha

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Congrats on the little one on the way!!
This thing is already looking nice!

Not at all man! If it was my main project car then of course I would of gotten a manual. But since this is my daily driver/baby hauler, I prefer an auto. Plus if it was manual I'd want to mod the engine and in this case I don't haha
Exactly, man. I bought my DD auto so I would resist modding it (even though it has still crossed my mind). I'll get some sort of project at some point to mod, but the auto keeps the car stock and reliable.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You know I love it man =) CR Kai and NT03 are the two sets I was looking at for our ABP. We really do have some stupid similar wheel tastes...lol. Keep it up man!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats on the little one on the way!!
This thing is already looking nice!

Exactly, man. I bought my DD auto so I would resist modding it (even though it has still crossed my mind). I'll get some sort of project at some point to mod, but the auto keeps the car stock and reliable.
Thanks a lot man! And yup, exactly! Plus just putting it in gear and driving is relaxing. Plus, I still have my 240 which can be my fun car on the side ;)

You know I love it man =) CR Kai and NT03 are the two sets I was looking at for our ABP. We really do have some stupid similar wheel tastes...lol. Keep it up man!
Thanks man! Nice! We definitely do have similar taste haha.

Tires will be here this weekend for the NT03's, and my lugs should be here soon after. Updates soon!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha don't tempt me!

I got my tires in for the NT03's finally (225/40/18 Khumo's) and also got my formula lugs in. They should look purrrdy good!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish i could find one of thesefor the ol lady

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is exactly what I want for a daily. Same color and all

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good man! And congrats for being a future father!

Love that color too; same as my RSX ;)

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is exactly what I want for a daily. Same color and all
Hell yeah! It's an amazing daily.

Looks good man! And congrats for being a future father!

Love that color too; same as my RSX ;)
Thanks a lot man, and ABP for the win!

Got my tires mounted yesterday ;)

Washed the car as well. First time in weeks due to the shitty weather we've been having