05 civic 4dr engine swap options

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamaicanmario

5+ Year Member
hello to all, I am new to this forum and was just wondering what my options are if i wanted to do an engine swap in a '05 civic lx 4dr, I've seen alot of info on k20a,k20a2,k20a3 swaps but was wondering if there was any other engines available that would provide decent power gains versus the stock d series if i would like to get good power with an all motor set up. i would also still require the car to be street legal and reliable. any information wold be much appreciated as i am not very knowledgeable when it comes to honda engines as i am well learned in rotary engines.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
other engines require a lot of time money and work, so another engine besides the K series is really unpractical.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boost it... if you live in florida, you dont have to worry about it being "legal"

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There is the option of the k24 engines.

hondagriff

Banned
Not to mention any other engine besides a k-series is an illegal swap.
True that you can't but in an older motor in a newer car. You can either boost or go for the K. Yeah you can put in something else such as a b/h-series but that would take alot of fab work and would be just easier to place in a K series.
Now if you want a killer NA setup then go for the K24/K20. Its great power for NA.

Milano01

Old School CC.com'er
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
since its a 7th gen, i dont think going backwards is a smart/pratical idea. swap in either a K20 either A or Z or a K24. my suggestion is a combo swap with the K24/K20. it won't be as much work than trying to fab a H series or try and extend the front for a J series.

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
how many times do u we have to go through this...

f22c fit in civics..... right? direct connection i'm pretty sure

Status
Not open for further replies.