05 civic mods !!!!!!!!!!!

MrBA

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's the deal. I'm a former 6th generation ex owner and I'm fixing to purchase a 7th generation (05) civic. I'm having a hard time finding the mods that I want. Every site I go to only goes up to 04 civics. There isn't any difference from the 04 models as far as engine/exhaust mods are there? What about body parts and head/tail lights? Thanks

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
01-05 = same engine mods
01-03 and 04-05 different body style

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
gearbox has it right. You'll be fine using any of the engine mods from 01 - 04... but if you're buying exterior parts then you're going to need to buy 04 - 05 only.

aznburn210

Photo-Nut
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i wer eyou i woul dget a the first yr because the motor from the 7th gens aren't good to mod unless you go FI .. if you get an 01 you can drop a h22 in it without it being illgeal

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think the only difference is the exterior and the guages..other than that ..youlll be okay...with other performance parts...

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aznburn210 said:
if i wer eyou i woul dget a the first yr because the motor from the 7th gens aren't good to mod unless you go FI .. if you get an 01 you can drop a h22 in it without it being illgeal
you alright man? drunk much?

ojay

7thgencivic.com dedicated
5+ Year Member
aznburn210 said:
h22? nope.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ojay said:
h22? nope.
actually... you can, legally... physically... not likly without modification to the engine bay and custom mounts.

ojay

7thgencivic.com dedicated
5+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
actually... you can, legally... physically... not likly without modification to the engine bay and custom mounts.
definitely not likely. haven't seen it either. i've seen a b16, a k24, but not a h22 in the 7thgens. in theory if you got an 01 civic, you could get a b18, and imo, that would be more feasable than an h22.

MrBA

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the info, I was really sure. If I ever blow up an engine, I might would consider an engine swap. What's the point of buying a new car and get rid of a perfectly good engine.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MrBA said:
Here's the deal. I'm a former 6th generation ex owner and I'm fixing to purchase a 7th generation (05) civic. I'm having a hard time finding the mods that I want. Every site I go to only goes up to 04 civics. There isn't any difference from the 04 models as far as engine/exhaust mods are there? What about body parts and head/tail lights? Thanks
there's plenty of bolt on's out there i/h/e, pullies, clutch and flywheels. Then there's always NO2 (if you go spray, go wet for the 7th gen...returnless fuel system.) There are several turbo kits...just don't ask about being legal. Things are looking up for the internals. Crower has rods and cams for us now.

7thgencivic.com is a great websight. You should register there and search for a thread started by Truehonda regarding the Crower Rods and Cam choices.
as for pistons i've found these, but i'm sure there's more.... CLICKY

And of corse there are tons of suspension parts out there for us.

So, I you like the looks of the 05 go for it and get one. Pre-welcome to the 7th gen click!

Last edited:

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
got_sake? said:
there's plenty of bolt on's out there i/h/e, pullies, clutch and flywheels. Then there's always NO2 (if you go spray, go wet for the 7th gen...returnless fuel system.) There are several turbo kits...just don't ask about being legal. Things are looking up for the internals. Crower has rods and cams for us now.

7thgencivic.com is a great websight. You should register there and search for a thread started by Truehonda regarding the Crower Rods and Cam choices.
as for pistons i've found these, but i'm sure there's more.... CLICKY

And of corse there are tons of suspension parts out there for us.

So, I you like the looks of the 05 go for it and get one. Pre-welcome to the 7th gen click!
lol, you consider clutch and flywheel a bolt on? Also... n2o... thank you. :lol: Sorry... I felt like knitpicking.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
lol, you consider clutch and flywheel a bolt on? Also... n2o... thank you. :lol: Sorry... I felt like knitpicking.
i should have chosen my words more carefully. oh well. =)

MrBA

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks again for all the info. I'll keep everyone informed if/when I pick up a 05 EX. I was wondering, how much did everyone pay out the door for the 05 EX 2 door?

Thanks

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SCCRules said:
did my post get deleted?? hahah gay :roll:
No, your post did not get deleted.