05 coupe CF hood needed

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My buddy just bought an 05 and he really wants a carbon fibre hood. He wants a really good quality one, hes not shy about paying for quality stuff either. Im looking for people that have bought CF hoods to recommend a place and give me an approximate price. Thanks for the help in advance.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've heard great things about Fiber Images and Seibon. Not to sure about the price.. but I'd guess it's gonna be in between 500 and 600 shipped

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any first hand experience with them? or actually seen the quality of the hoods? He's also looking for a billet grille for his car, i dont know if they make them or not but he wants one.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't have any first experience with them but many people on here and 7thgen have and I have yet to hear any complaints.

I would stay away from VIS just in case you were contemplating them. I've heard multiple fitment issues with them.

as for Fiber Images. Check their quality test videos http://www.fiberimages.com/main.html They're under the big SEMA logo.

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the help man. Any ideas on the billett grille?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no problem..

and I've NEVER seen a billet grill for the 7th gen... I don't think there are any...

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wasnt sure if they have made any yet, if at all. ive seen them for 6th gen and i think they look good. probably not much demand for them though.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
datonedoot said:
i made a custom grill for mine i got a 05.............also did DIY headlights.
pictures please mr lowell arkansas.
chris

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had done a google search for it but came up with nothing, figured i'd ask the experts here and see if they knew anything =)

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
datonedoot said:
i made a custom grill for mine i got a 05.............also did DIY headlights.
ohhhhh snap whats up terrry!!!!!! this is john. from FSC. :lol:

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mymmeryloss said:
pictures please mr lowell arkansas.
chris
i also got custom grill and DIY blacked out headlight housing.

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How did you do the grille? do you have any better pics of it?

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
usually people will tell you to take off the front bumper but thats not what i did. no i dont have a better pic of it.

datonedoot

5+ Year Member
that is my friend john but you take off the front bumper and take the stock grill off of it and then find mesh grill and cut to the shape of it and the screw holes off the stock grill use those to hold the grill on there and the headlights are a pain in the ASS but i could tell you if u want to too.

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
He might do the DIY grille thing. As for the headlights, he says if he wants differnt ones he'll just buy new ones, lol. Damn rich boy, lol.

datonedoot

5+ Year Member
right now i have not seen anybody sell the JDM headlights all they got is the halo ones and those are damn ugly.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ you talkin about the projectors for the 04 civics? the ones selling on ebay?