'05 Dash removal to clean AC system

Fonchy

The car has been parked for 2 years because it needed a head job new alternator and I thought new air compressor. Well after reading books and watching videos I took the plunge and took the heads off and did a head job on the car and replaced everything , I took it to have an inspection and it passed first time with flying colors. Here is the bad news. A family of critters made a nest inside the air system. Now the car smells and I need to take the dash out to check the inside to see where the dead critter is, does any one have any videos or advice to give. I need to do this fairly soon, Thanks fellow civic owners

2005 Honda Civic EX

Restotech

Respected
It's best to first remove the blower motor. This is usually where critters will build a nest.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree with Restotech. Also, it may help to remove the cowl cover (below the wiper blades) to clear that out as its easier to get to and also a potentially likelier place for "critters" to fit in and thus nest. You may be able to snake in a shop vac hose either through the cowl entry or the blower entry and clear it all out and avoid the laborious task of removing the dash.

Fonchy

Ok after a little help from a friend we took everything out with the expo period of the heat bow, but that is where the critter was and it was very dead, smell is gone and everything was put back together and everything works, now I'm tackling the AC, there was an awful noise every time the clutch engaged so I'm changing the bearing, took old bearing out ant put new one in, but the snap rings is a mother,