'06 bulb replacement advice

Civic2006

Respected
Hi,

The front head light (middle one) went out on my 2006 civic. I found the youtube video on how to replace it but I'm not sure what kind of light bulb I need to buy? I found so many online but I've heard it will mess up the electrical systems if I put in the wrong one so I'm afraid to just randomly buy one. I'm thinking about going to autozone near by. Is there any specifications that I need to stick to like specific Watts/Voltage?

Thanks in advance.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're only replacing one bulb then just install the basic replacement. Otherwise, you'll have a different light output. Its that simple.

I also tweaked your headline to be short & to the point. Its implied you need advice or you wouldnt be posting, so try to avoid using the word "help" in your threads. We get way too many "boy cried wolf" threads that are hardly ever anything dire, so many users will usually just ignore those threads out of habit.

Civic2006

Respected
If you're only replacing one bulb then just install the basic replacement. Otherwise, you'll have a different light output. Its that simple.

I also tweaked your headline to be short & to the point. Its implied you need advice or you wouldnt be posting, so try to avoid using the word "help" in your threads. We get way too many "boy cried wolf" threads that are hardly ever anything dire, so many users will usually just ignore those threads out of habit.
Thanks...

What are my options if I want to get above basic light bulb? What are the most popular one? Which brand?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Again, do not get anything besides an entry level standard bulb at a local autoparts store. Sylvanias will be fine but any brand will do.