06 civic ex vs 06 scion tc

emokidd

5+ Year Member
i just wanted to know some main differences between these cars. (NOT SI)

like accessories
performance
etc

Ltrain

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
emokidd said:
i just wanted to know some main differences between these cars. (NOT SI)

like accessories
performance
etc
tc has 160hp and 161 tq but is heavy as hell and should easily take an ex with equal drivers

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can't really compare the two with the motors being SOHC (on the civic) and DOHC (on the tC)

but if you want to see a comparison... click here

that was the choice i was down too... after lookin at the link i just provided you... i decieded on the civic (because of the gas) and the fact that there WILL BE a plethora of aftermarket in just a few years. . . but the scion isn't a bad car at all... its actually a great car... but the gas threw me over to the civic =)

** for accesories, both have the optional lip kit, fog lights, etc. . . the civic has optional navi and the tC does not
** performance, well the tC wins over the EX but not by a margin. . .

emokidd

5+ Year Member
Ltrain said:
tc has 160hp and 161 tq but is heavy as hell and should easily take an ex with equal drivers
for manual only?
or automatic too?

cuzz i have an automatic

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First off, TCs are pretty good cars.... I have a friend who went from a DA over to a TC and he loves it......

But the main differences, as outlined in Daniel's link, is that the TC has a 2.4 DOHC and a little more power because of it, while the FG1 has only a 1.8 SOHC.... The suspension on the FG is also WAY better, imo, the TC being a little too soft comparably.... There are many more standard components on the FG1 compared to the TC..... And the FG1 gets WAY better gas mileage, basically by 10 mpgs.....

The biggest thing, however, is probably the price.... But that also tells the tale of what the quality of parts is on the TC.... Being about 1.5k cheaper, comparably equipped model, you have to wonder how that is possible with a larger, more expensive engine..... The answer, well at least what I think is the answer, is the fact that Scion uses slightly cheaper and less quality parts..... Granted it is not a bad car, it is well put togethor and thought out, but compared to the steps Honda has taken on creating the 8th gen civic, all models, it puts Toyota to shame.....

My opinion is..... FG1 > TC.... Because:
  • More Standard Parts
  • Better Overall Quality
  • Higher Safety Ratings
  • MUCH better gas mileage
  • Better Resale value
  • Better Suspension
  • 200 lbs. lighter
  • More overall cabin space, with a shorter wheelbase

But what did you expect, this is Club CIVIC after all..... :lol: ;)

Last edited:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's something to consider...

The Scion tC is 16 lbs lighter than a 4th gen Eclipse GS and makes 3 less horsepower. They should perform about the same.

Knowing that a Scion tC is about the same as a 4cyl Eclipse, does it seem so fast now?

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
register in scionlife.com and ask this same question, bring em here and we'll compare the responses

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
krayziejcs said:
register in scionlife.com and ask this same question, bring em here and we'll compare them
this would be great..
while ur at it also ask what they think of the scion tc s/c vs the civic si :lol:

I would take the 8th gen DX over the tC 8)

emokidd

5+ Year Member
so far this is what i got from scionlife.

For the price, the tC is a lot better.

The brand new 2006 Civics are a new design - there's probably next to nothing for them out right now for mods.

tC outperforms the EX model by far.

I OWN A 2006 SCION TC AND WORK FOR DIAMOND VALLEY HONDA. SO I DRIVE CIVICS ALL DAY LONG AND THEY LOOK KOOL BUT SUCK COMPARED TO THE TC. THE TC CAN BE MODED BETTER, ITS FASTER OUT OF THE FACTORY AND ABOUT 4-5K CHEAPER THAN THE CIVIC. THERE IS ONE COOL OPTION ON THE CIVIC AND THAT IS NAVIGATION HEAD UNIT. UPGRADE. WE PUT 18" AFTERMARKET WHEELS ON ALL OUR SHOWROOM MODELS. ONCE YOU PUT RIMS ON THESE CARS THEY HANDLE LIKE poop. THROWS THE WHOLE CONFIGURATION AND HANDLING OUT OF WHACK, NOT SURE WHY BUT IT DOES. IF I WERE BUYING A CAR I WOULD W/O A DOUBT GO FOR THE TC'S UNIQUE BODY STYLING AND PERFORMANCE.

both cars are great, so you wont really miss out with either.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hehehehehhehe...lol....not too bad though...
but the kid that works at a dealership...is lying...he enjoys driving the honda's :lol:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Scion tC
0-60: 7.4 sec.
0-100: 20.9 sec.
1/4-mile: 15.8 sec.

Anybody got the new EX specs?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think that's manual.

You want an auto?

How about:
PT Cruiser GT
0-60 mph : 7.2 sec.('03 auto), 0-¼ mile : 15.7 sec @ 88.9 mph('03 auto)

Heheheh...take that Scionlife

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
emokidd said:
is that automatic?
cuzz i want automatic specs for both cars not manual
as nice as honda engineering maybe..the tq of that scion will kill the civic..
if u wanna ask me who would win at a race...
unfortunately i think the tC will win..because of its tq advantage..which is a huge adv. btw
i'll try and find some specs.

emokidd

5+ Year Member
thank you.

and no i dont want an automatic. i HAVE to get one.
my dad doesnt want me driving a stick cuzz he said ill eventually get tired of it