Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
emokidd said:
thank you.

and no i dont want an automatic. i HAVE to get one.
my dad doesnt want me driving a stick cuzz he said ill eventually get tired of it
tell him it saves gas..prolongs tranny life if properly driven..and it really becomes a part of u so u wont even feel urself shifting..
it will get to a point that u will steer and shift with the same hand...

another selling point is...every1 knows how to drive an auto ;)

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:what:
maybe while your down at the Honda dealership you should check out a V6 Accord coupe with auto.

Or maybe a Tiburon?

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no..i would advise against an accord auto..ive heard som ehorror stories about their trannys...auto trannys that is...the 6 speed however :yummy:

emokidd

5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
tell him it saves gas..prolongs tranny life if properly driven..and it really becomes a part of u so u wont even feel urself shifting..
it will get to a point that u will steer and shift with the same hand...

another selling point is...every1 knows how to drive an auto ;)
i doubt he would care.

i also read this from scionlife

Only thing I cant stand about the new civic (and this is coming from an extensive test drive) is the funcky interior. It just feels so cramped and weird! Also that new digital speedo is really hard to get used to because it is partially blocked by the steering wheel. Go with tC.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want to copmare the tC with a civic, at least compare it with the Si because of the motor equivilancy... DOHC

yeah, the tC you can add a factory TRD Supercharger, but it only puts it at 200hp... thats hella weak if you ask me... and its one hell of an expensive upgrade from the dealer (somewhere in the neighborhood of $3k).

so you can't really compare each price by price and such... its all a personal preference... do you want a toyota .. something new (scion brand name) or would u like to stick with the bread and butters of the always reliable (not that toyota isn't) honda civic. . .

btw, you have an Auto civic, stop tryin to compare it... its "automatic-ness" (even though its a 5speed auto now in the civic) is still AUTOTRAGIC. . .

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I compared it I didn't really look at what would win in a race, that doesn't mean s**t when you are comparing a car you are gonna drive daily..... Especially when neither are anything to brag about, speed wise.... :P

emokidd

5+ Year Member
got this from scionlife. is this true?

I haven't read the posts here, but the new civic (non-Si) engine is basically un-moddable from what I hear from my Honda tuning friends. The header is built into the head, so that will not be able to be changed out, and the cat is in that section. Suspension and everything, that will come in time. Both cars have electronic throttle, which is the bane of my existance in a manual car, in an auto I guess it doesn't matter. Personally though, I would stick with the tc. I had an 03 civic, and even though they were just redesigned, the build quality on Hondas has seemed to dwindle a little, as Toyota has stayed there, or improved slightly.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
When I compared it I didn't really look at what would win in a race, that doesn't mean s**t when you are comparing a car you are gonna drive daily..... Especially when neither are anything to brag about, speed wise.... :P
doesn't matter though..
u gave it a fair comparison :thumbs up

thats why i asked emO to ask them about the tC s/c vs the Si..lol..that would be a good race but the Si would win :P

emokidd

5+ Year Member
ChanceT said:
I thought you already had one...? ( a civic )
my dad told me he would get me one for christmas. i was sure i was gonna get it but he said to make sure u want the civic first. and now i sorta leaning towards the tC but i dnno yet.

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
doesn't matter though..
u gave it a fair comparison :thumbs up

thats why i asked emO to ask them about the tC s/c vs the Si..lol..that would be a good race but the Si would win :P
Sure it will ... :roll:

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
richocet1 said:
Sure it will ... :roll:
lol u dont think so?
tC will take it at launch but the si will catch up..
i'm pretty sure they both ran 15.0 15.1 :???:

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
lol u dont think so?
tC will take it at launch but the si will catch up..
i'm pretty sure they both ran 15.0 15.1 :???:
I thought the Tc ran 14.7 with the charger on.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
richocet1 said:
I thought the Tc ran 14.7 with the charger on.
nope not as far as i know ;)

the tc needs a supercharger to be in the Si's class :lol: 8)
the tc w/o s/c can't hang with the em1 either :roll:

:D

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
emokidd said:
so anyone know if the whole "u cant mod the ex engine" is true?
Its true to a point.... It doesn't make the engine completely unmoddable, but it does add some heartache to it.... You can still mod the rest of the engine, but until an aftermarket alternative comes out you basically can't touch the header or cat.... You can add a catback exhaust, however, and basically anything else.....

So, really, its not true.... Its moddable, just not in the header....

Edit: Also remember with the header incorporated into the block there is one less piece to fail.... :P

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the civic is way better then the tc is way better IMO. look, the tc has a 2.4L engine and it only produces 160hp, and the civic has a 1.8L engine and it produces 140hp. do the math, for such big engine differences (DOHC vs SOHC and on top having more more cc) it does not justify having such lousy hp. on top, the milage is shitty too for the tc, the civic has better gas milage AND it has side air bags standard.

emokidd

5+ Year Member
im really looking forward to modding my car and it seems like i will be able to do more with the tC

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
emokidd said:
im really looking forward to modding my car and it seems like i will be able to do more with the tC
haha good luck with the tC..
8)