f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
emokidd said:
you dont think so?
i wouldn't buy it..:no:
talk to imbcruz..he is a member on this site and he owns a tC..pm him ;)

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
emokidd said:
why does ur dad say no?
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

at first i was like wtf? :???:
lol...

honestly dude..i wouldn't be able to stand getting my ass handed to me by everything from 15 year old civics with a swap lol..even though i would have tons of more tq with the tc in the end i would be stuck at 6500 or wherever they redline at whereas the civic would rev till 8-9k and leave me in the dust...

now with the 8th gen...yeh the header is built into the head but throw a turbo or supercharger on there and u'll be eating the tC supercharged all day...and yes i can gurantee they will come out with those parts for the 8th gen.

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not bad #'s by the s/c TC...

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=87809&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=50

From some research that I've been doing, seems like the car and driver mag that reviewed this car and ran a 1/4 time of 15.1, seems to be with a bad driver. I've been noticing a lot of tc s/c owners post times of mid 14's to high 14's. Here is one of them....

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99035

Also I've noticed that everyone compares the s/c tc to the SI, some even say that a "lightly" moddified TC could beat an fg2. The SI seems to set the standard to them because all they ever compare the tc is to an SI nothing else, whether the tc is s/c'ed or not.

Here is a full review of the SI, if you want more just type it in google, they are everywhere lol
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-109327.html

For the homie blazed, I found a bunch of threads comparing the s/c tc to the new SI, here are some...

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/archive/o_t__t_92451__potential-tc-buyers...-2006-tc-or-2006-civic-si-.html
http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=462198&page_number=1
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=95792

Edit: here is another vs. SI thread
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=95404

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i dunno why any1 would compare the stock tC with the new Si...thats a str8 annhialation rigth there...lol..
the ep3 im sure would take the tC as would the em1...

i wouldn; buy the scion..point black period :laugh:

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
lol i dunno why any1 would compare the stock tC with the new Si...thats a str8 annhialation rigth there...lol..

The I really like the new civics, they are both good cars but I would choose the fg's over the scion, even though before my decision was the oposite. Oh yea here is a dyno chart of the fg2

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1468776

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:

Damn blazed you smashing on the TC. honestly they aren't bad cars and i have seen a tc take a civic hatchgsr both stock but for the swap (55 mile roll both at third gear). the one main reason i won't ever get a TC is at college they are a dimed a dozen. it's like the car every mom and dad buy their new high school grad off too college. it' s like the BMW 3series people who get their first business job out of college gets one. But year i wouldn't get one :thumbs up

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
xdr3amx said:
Damn blazed you smashing on the TC. honestly they aren't bad cars and i have seen a tc take a civic hatchgsr both stock but for the swap (55 mile roll both at third gear). the one main reason i won't ever get a TC is at college they are a dimed a dozen. it's like the car every mom and dad buy their new high school grad off too college. it' s like the BMW 3series people who get their first business job out of college gets one. But year i wouldn't get one :thumbs up
lol i dont wanna come off as smashing the tC at all..unless ur comparing it to he new si or even the old si for that matter..
i dunno HOW that tC took that civic gsr hatch...i had a gsr in my 96 coupe...and i killed cruz's tC...:what:
from a dig from a roll...it really didn't matter..they were mostly from rolls though :what:

and they werent really races at all...and i'm a shitty driver lol... ;)

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
xdr3amx said:
... i have seen a tc take a civic hatchgsr both stock but for the swap (55 mile roll both at third gear).
Somewhere out there is a GS-R hatch driver who needs to be nut kicked for being a crappy driver. I raced a tC from a 20 punch, I let him start so I gave up any advantage there and it wasn't even close. And my teg is heavier than a hatch. tC punches it, GS-R punches it, GS-R is already at 5500 rpm, Bye bye Scion. The only advantage I can see is in torque and I don't think he could have holed me that bad if at all.

99cleanCIVICex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The TC would rape your ex NO PROBLEM !!!!!! Stock vs stock or with mods, few extra lbs make no diff....

99cleanCIVICex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TC would also beat 02si and the 99-00 si's Dunno about the new si 197hp........

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99cleanCIVICex said:
TC would also beat 02si and the 99-00 si's Dunno about the new si 197hp........
dont talk out of ur ass..the tC will not beat the 99-00 si nor the 02-05 si...
thank you come again.

99cleanCIVICex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OMG DUDE LOL, have you drove a tc before??? well I have. I also drove 99 si and 02 si,there is no way you can take tc stock or mod... unles you got turbo. scion tc is over 3000lbs but it has a supercharged camry motor. NO way in hell 00 si or 02 si(which is slower then 00si) can take TC.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've seen an auto tC get beat by an 03 Eclipse GS 5 speed. 2.4 on 2.4. (same idiot kid that said the GS was faster than the GT :roll:...he's an idiot, but he did beat a tC)

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99cleanCIVICex said:
OMG DUDE LOL, have you drove a tc before??? well I have. I also drove 99 si and 02 si,there is no way you can take tc stock or mod... unles you got turbo. scion tc is over 3000lbs but it has a supercharged camry motor. NO way in hell 00 si or 02 si(which is slower then 00si) can take TC.
wtf?
have u raced one??
and why are u talkin about the supercharged one??????????????

the supercharged one obviously will take the 99-00 and 02-05 si...:roll:
but even the s/c wouldn't be able to take the new new si...

get the hell outta here with ur i drove this car and i drove this car..and thise one seemed fast..
i've raced tc's as have many other people...

go bang ur head on the floor for buying a spec V..i would take a tc over the spec V anyday LOL..ahaha

s/c tC is not the same as the regular tC ;)

99cleanCIVICex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you are talking about a auto tc then fine si can beat the tc, but trust me when i say this TC with manual would have no problem against the 00si or 02 si. 06 si would kick tc ass but not 99-00 and 02 si. Im sorry i have nothing against civics, i used to own a 99 exT, si is one of the nicest looking cars out there. But i dont think so = )

99cleanCIVICex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
= ) OMG dude please tell me you are 15 yrs old...... Im just telling you whats up and your jumping all over my shyt.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha no my age is right there for u to see..

a base tC with 160hp and 161tq will never be able to take a 99-00 si or 02-05 si with equal drivers..
go look up the 1/4 mile times ;)