06 civic ex vs 06 scion tc

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
the supercharged one obviously will take the 99-00 and 02-05 si...:roll:
but even the s/c wouldn't be able to take the new new si...
PLease explain why you believe this to be true. From my understanding the S/C tC is putting out more horsepower and torque then the new Si, so its definitely got it off the line. I know the tC weighs more, i think 300-400 more, but that i dont think is enough to say it wouldnt be able to take the new Si.

I personally think its a very close run, but the S/C tC will take it.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
richocet1 said:
PLease explain why you believe this to be true. From my understanding the S/C tC is putting out more horsepower and torque then the new Si, so its definitely got it off the line. I know the tC weighs more, i think 300-400 more, but that i dont think is enough to say it wouldnt be able to take the new Si.

I personally think its a very close run, but the S/C tC will take it.
i thin it will be very clse too..i should've put a 'i think' there..i said it in this thread already that that would b a good race...but come on is it fair??? F/I vs NA???? gimme a break..not to mention the price for the TRD package puts the tC at the $25000 mark :what:
time wise they were both rated at 15.1 by the same magazine..
so even if it wsa shitty driver lol u can apply that driver to both cars u know...
its definitely a good race...and the tC ofcourse has the advantage..

even a stock tC has huge tq advantage over the 99-00 si , 02-05 si, gsr's..but u wont see them winning over them :lol:

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
even a stock tC has huge tq advantage over the 99-00 si , 02-05 si, gsr's..but u wont see them winning over them :lol:
=) going to start callign this the Blazed thread your owning people with how many post you got.

but the gsrhatch vs tc i was talking about was at 50 till 100 in 3rd gear so it wasn't a long race. i would actaully like too see the Tc race other cars too see the true result if anybody has seen one post what happen

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
emokidd said:
Stock Auto Tc Vs Stock Auto Civic Ex

Who Would Win?
Is that all that matters to you with a car?

You gotta think of other things, seriously..... I mean I sold my civic because I wanted something faster, and although I love my FC and loved my S14 I always miss the Civic whenever something goes wrong with any of my cars....

Seriously, think of more then speed..... I'm guessing you will need this to last for a while, and although the TC should last for as long as you need it to, the Civic has a higher resale value, and has proven time and time again that they will last with little to no problems..... Think about the big picture.....

But otherwise, we can't make up your mind..... Go test drive the damn things...... :roll:

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I beat a tc with my base rsx. We were pretty much same motor for motor

Ltrain

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id get a tc and yea a yc would win .... and they have a s**t load of parts already,pistons,turbos, head packages, everything i can think of, i might be gettin a tc if money comes around but i dunno yet

turboex17

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99cleanCIVICex said:
TC would also beat 02si and the 99-00 si's Dunno about the new si 197hp........
Sorry but I have beat 3 tc's in my stock em1 one of them from a stop and the other two from a roll. They were on my ass though. Edit- now that I think about it I really think it's a drivers race could go either way with the edge going to the tc from a stop and the edge going to an si(EM1 or EP3) from a roll.

turboex17

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
go bang ur head on the floor for buying a spec V..i would take a tc over the spec V anyday LOL..ahaha
No need to bring the spec v into this specially considering how it can beat a tc, em1, and ep3 with no major problem at all. The new si would beat the spec pretty easy though, thinking about tradeing in but I will probably wait a few months and see what people have to say about them.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
emokidd said:
thank you.

and no i dont want an automatic. i HAVE to get one.
my dad doesnt want me driving a stick cuzz he said ill eventually get tired of it
aye to that, thats why I have auto, manual gets tiring after a while

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turboex17 said:
No need to bring the spec v into this specially considering how it can beat a tc, em1, and ep3 with no major problem at all. The new si would beat the spec pretty easy though, thinking about tradeing in but I will probably wait a few months and see what people have to say about them.
so what it would beat them? they r huge POS's.
I would take a tC over the specV too... :lol:

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FireEMT8572 said:
aye to that, thats why I have auto, manual gets tiring after a while
No.... Really, it doesnt..... The only car I will ever own is a manual....

Maybe the wifey (when I have one) will want an automatic, but thats it.... :lol:

turboex17

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
so what it would beat them? they r huge POS's.
I would take a tC over the specV too... :lol:
Their really good cars a lot of people think they are wack because of all the problems the 02 se-r had but most problems got fixed after the 02. I have a 03 and never had a problem with it, I can honestly say I like both my EM1 and my spec the same. But I guess we all can't like the same things.

99cleanCIVICex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea i know 02 specs suck, I drive a 03, its not the quickest car out there but i sure love 180lbs of tq with LSD puts a big = ) on my face

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
No.... Really, it doesnt..... The only car I will ever own is a manual....

Maybe the wifey (when I have one) will want an automatic, but thats it.... :lol:
Considering the only manual I drive is an 89 F-150 with a new clutch... it gets tiring on my left foot and leg

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FireEMT8572 said:
Considering the only manual I drive is an 89 F-150 with a new clutch... it gets tiring on my left foot and leg
Thats not because it is a manual, its because you need to tune it up.... It should not be that resistant....