06 si 3rd gear problem.

honda98civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just got my si and it started having the infamous 3rd gear popout and grind. i was getting worried and read things online about some dealers not wanting to fix it under the survice bulliten.

i love my honda dealership. i brought it in. i told them what was up and now there fixing it no questions asked. i droped it off this morning so hopefully i get it back tomarrow afternoon or wendsday morning.

pensacola honda here in pensacola lol is by far the best honda dealer with the best survice department. if u are having the problem and live around the panhandle of florida get them to fix it. they are very helpfull.

just though id let people know that lol

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im pretty sure all the 06 si's should be covered under the TSB. good to hear you didnt have any problems with your local dealership. enjoy your new car!

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice, yeah a few people have had problems getting it fixed and they had to go through HOA and crap

honda98civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i thank god that i dident have to do that. lol
my service advisor is cool as shitttt

JK_Ferio

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i also had this problem with my 07 si but got it fixed at the dealership that i didnt even get the car from..
there was absolutely no charge and only took them 2days.

honda98civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i also had this problem with my 07 si but got it fixed at the dealership that i didnt even get the car from..
there was absolutely no charge and only took them 2days.
:word: it took them two days to do mine. i got it back this morning and now all the gears are smooth as helll. it is wayy more plesent to drive with out having to be very careful with third.

barrett

Registered VIP
Did they tell you what the problem was? My 01 has the same problem but I didn't buy it from a dealer and I don't know what the problem is.

wesos06

i have the same problem with mine. but my question is... if i take it to the dealer. will the charge money or will they fix it for free???