07 Si Coupe Build help/opinions

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hi all,

About a week and half ago I finally sold my 00 EX cause I have a newborn and needed a more comfortable car with a/c and a safer ride so I got a good deal on an 07 Si couple in black. I'll post pics tomorrow.

I just got the car today in Michigan and drive it back to TN where I now live... what a sweet ride. It only had 57,500 miles. I was between buying this car and an 05 RSX-S and I made the right choice!

I have money left over from the loan I took out to buy the car so my plans are:
-Skunk2 Intake Manifold
-Skunk2 Throttle Body
-Injen SRI
-Yellow Fog Lights (HID). I have them but they're white...
-Wheel Locks. I've never needed them b4 so I've never bought them, any trusted brands?

And eventually put a great short shifter on it cause it seems like it takes forever to switch gears compared to my old civic. I've seen a few products in this category but after I buy the above I won't have enough to get it just yet.

As for the exhaust, I like the way it sounds as it is so I may not change it. Suspension, it feels comfortable (for now) compared to my old ride so I'll leave it as is for now too.

Any opinions and suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
congrats on the kid and the car, Those mods seem like they will be a nice touch on that motor. If you want to spend some time on handling then I would say you should check out some lowering springs or some strut tower bars.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

These pics were taken yesterday at dealership. I haven't had time to wash it yet with work and the baby but I'll try to do it this weekend.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DAMNIT NEW WORK COMPUTER BLOCKING EVERYTHING.

I'll look at the pictures later.

Slam it, wheels, and a lip kit. It'll look 47557x better.

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You should've went for the RSX! Looks good. For wheel locks try looking into Mcgard ones.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know the 2dr in/out with the baby ain't convenient but I spend 90% of the time I'm in there by myself so.... I wanted a fun car and it's so much fun to drive.

I've driven it about 600 miles already (including the drive back) and I noticed when I accelerate there's quite alot of front to back/up and down movement of the car. I'm not gonna go with coilovers cause they're expensive and even the best ones would make the ride less comfortable (I'm just passed those days) but I was wondering of those eibach sway bars are any good? Would front/rear upper/lower strut bars help?

Thanks for the advice on the wheel locks!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Sway bars help stiffen the side to side movement, or body roll. It sounds like what you want is stiffer springs. H&R makes an OE height spring, a little higher spring rate without dropping it hardly at all. Not sure if they have them for the 8th gen or not.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi all,

About a week and half ago I finally sold my 00 EX cause I have a newborn and needed a more comfortable car with a/c and a safer ride so I got a good deal on an 07 Si couple in black. I'll post pics tomorrow.

I just got the car today in Michigan and drive it back to TN where I now live... what a sweet ride. It only had 57,500 miles. I was between buying this car and an 05 RSX-S and I made the right choice!

I have money left over from the loan I took out to buy the car so my plans are:
-Skunk2 Intake Manifold
-Skunk2 Throttle Body
-Injen SRI
-Yellow Fog Lights (HID). I have them but they're white...
-Wheel Locks. I've never needed them b4 so I've never bought them, any trusted brands?

And eventually put a great short shifter on it cause it seems like it takes forever to switch gears compared to my old civic. I've seen a few products in this category but after I buy the above I won't have enough to get it just yet.

As for the exhaust, I like the way it sounds as it is so I may not change it. Suspension, it feels comfortable (for now) compared to my old ride so I'll leave it as is for now too.

Any opinions and suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!
nice Si man!
i would honestly leave the motor pretty stock. i say with the left over money
1. intake (make sure it has a dry flow filter, since oiled ones can mess up the mass air i believe)
2. short shifter
3. Tint ( keep the inside cool for the kid and sun outta his eyes)
4. fogs

just my opinions.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got the K&N Typhoon SRI and I love the way it sounds when in Vtec. I also got the TWM shifter with Hybrid cables, they haven't arrived yet thou. Another two great products I got was the Weathertech Digitalfit floormats and window vent thing. I also got the Skunk2 magnetic drain plugs for the oil and tranny, Tein S tech springs (also didn't arrive), got the jdm key cover with red logo, and a set of new HFP logos for my wheels. Oh, and a set of ebay yellow fogs but I haven't installed then yet cause I'm waiting on my order of aluminum racing jack and aluminum jack stands from harbor freight.

So that's what I've done so far, next is oil/tranny change, install of fogs, and buy flashpro!

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
00Siboy, yes it does. I figure its optional but I left it as per the instructions included. It's intended to leave the bottom part of the original intake system to direct fresh air to that area.

My car has become a little... How can I say this... It's like if my motor has a few hick ups now that I installed the intake. Anyone know if this is due to the intake or could it be something else?

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I have always heard not to use oiled filters such as the K&N because it damages your MAF sensor. Some of the filter oil gets past the filter and fouls up the sensor, which is already super-sensitive to debris.

gugiey

Registered VIP
I have always heard not to use oiled filters such as the K&N because it damages your MAF sensor. Some of the filter oil gets past the filter and fouls up the sensor, which is already super-sensitive to debris.
I'f you over oil it yes . but have seen cars go along time with these filters with no problems .