07 si tranny?

vtecchick

5+ Year Member
so after they took my car apart and the one mechanic found nothing wrong they decided to let another one work on the car... guess what kiddies a syncro was out of spec...

and attention civic owners there is a recall on ABS Rear Wheel Sensor O-Ring Inspection for 06-07 civics if you didn't get a notice in the mail already...

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
glad they found the problem! and yeah i got the notice..sounds like a serious one..the wheel might fall off lol.

vtecchick

5+ Year Member
haha mines been in the shop all week and they still haven't looked @ it.. they are being lazy!!!

3rdCoast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there is something wrong with the gear/synchros 2nd and 3rd gear are connected to each other in some way and for all those who have problems with it heres what i do..... Let the car warm up before driving it at least 3temp blocks, shifting just over 3krpm helps too... 3rd gear is definalty anoying and different from all gears. I havent tried the fluid change yet but if u have any kind of milage on your car then i would just let the problem get worse enough that the dealership couldnt try to deny there is a problem. That way u get the gears fixed with brand new parts and then i'd put new fluid in, instead of putting in new fluid with worn gears at such a young age..... Use that warranty while u have it and a valid claim!!!

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first off its VTEC..
secondly..good luck with ur tranny now..ur gonna need it with local honda dealer mechanics working on it..:thumbup:

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i got a 7th gen and i have problems shifting to 3rd sometimes also
i hear its just a honda problem

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know there is a big petition online somewhere signed by close to 3000 people regarding bad 2nd and 3rd gear synchros on the rsx-S trannies..the k enthusiasts had hoped that this woudl have been corrected inthe SI tranny tho we cant directly bolt that tranny on we can use the internals in a S tranny and bolt that on..

regardless hope it gets fixed :thumbup:

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya but how much would that cost to get done hell next im gonna goand ask if my dealer would be able to fix it cuz i am under warrenty still and well i am dropping my car off to get teh dent remved out of my driver door so the lady's insurance company is paying for everything the dent rmoval and even the rental and i asked specificly for a honda..

vtecchick

5+ Year Member
i know there is a big petition online somewhere signed by close to 3000 people regarding bad 2nd and 3rd gear synchros on the rsx-S trannies..the k enthusiasts had hoped that this woudl have been corrected inthe SI tranny tho we cant directly bolt that tranny on we can use the internals in a S tranny and bolt that on..

regardless hope it gets fixed :thumbup:

the synchros have to much play.. it's a factory issue not mine.. They ordered new parts for the tranny... they fixed the synchros and changed the fluid to the new honda stuff.. and I should get the car back today.. HOPEFULLY because I miss her! & I'm hope nothing else happens cause if it stays out of the shop until christmas my dad is buying me parts! YAY! lol

JackBauer

5+ Year Member
It seems all of the 2nd and 3rd synchros are out in all of these 06-07's (just like mine). I swapped their peanut oil....sorry tranny oil with amsoil synchromesh and it seems to have corrected the shifting into third problem without it biting back. I suggested this to the dealer and they said..."no, no, no, all honda's are like that". Hmmm, just goes to show that most have no idea. For everyone else, i would suggest trying the fluid swap first and then take it to the dealer if there's an issue after that. I would have a bad feeling having a tech at honda pull the tranny apart. Once it's apart, it's just waiting for other problems down the line. If one person couldn't find the issue and someone else told you it was the synchros, that's a problem, it should be pretty obvious if not while they drive it, certainly while they look at it.

gents97civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do the 08's have this problem as well. I looked at a 4dr Si yesterday and I'm thinking about goin back for a test drive.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
mine drive and shifts fine.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Do the 08's have this problem as well. I looked at a 4dr Si yesterday and I'm thinking about goin back for a test drive.
i'm going to go with a no, being as i have not noticed anything.:word:

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm going to go with a no, being as i have not noticed anything.:word:
i wouldnt say thats true. i have an 07 and have never had a problem with anything. never once grinded or popped out of gear. and i drive somewhat hard during summer months as im a weekly auto-xer. its the car i believe. some have issues some dont. ive seen and heard of many 07 si's with this issue but i have not. so to say no 08's have this issue is a little bold. i know the pop out issue lasted the life of the rsx and doubt they fixed the issue. but i know you work for the dealer so you may know better then i

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i wouldnt say thats true. i have an 07 and have never had a problem with anything. never once grinded or popped out of gear. and i drive somewhat hard during summer months as im a weekly auto-xer. its the car i believe. some have issues some dont. ive seen and heard of many 07 si's with this issue but i have not. so to say no 08's have this issue is a little bold. i know the pop out issue lasted the life of the rsx and doubt they fixed the issue. but i know you work for the dealer so you may know better then i
i just said i was going with a no, not that i'm a 100% positive that it doesn't exist.