08 CIVIC SI IDLE PROBLEM 30,000 miles??? HELPPP

daflash

My SI idles normally at about 700 - 800 rpm but today while in traffic (in neutral) the rpm would drop to about 300 and then rattle back up to about 800 ... every 3 min or so it would do it ....but then runs normal in gear.. also does it when cruise it in neutral ... idk wtf is goin on mayb fuel injector clog but i put premium in this b ...

RonJ

Banned
If it is still under the factory warranty, drop it off at the Honda dealer.

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
Only drawback to it, they won't give you a loaner while they try to fix the car

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
well that is just Honda. You can take it to any dealership in the US and they will not give you a loaner. Just annoying on Honda's part..

Trust me, i tried..

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
well that is just Honda. You can take it to any dealership in the US and they will not give you a loaner. Just annoying on Honda's part..

Trust me, i tried..
Stop posting, your wrong for one factor, it's an 2008, with 30k miles, it's still under not only the 3/36 warranty, but also the 5/60 warranty, unless whatever is causing the problem is related to the car being modded, but nayways aslong as the car is under warranty, AHM will supply a loaner car since they are paying the bill anyways, it's their responsibility to cover his transportaion while the car is still under warranty, regardless of what your situation may have been since you can't get a loaner car, b***h enough and it'll happen, especially while under warranty since you wouldn't be paying for the laoner or the repairs

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
Stop posting, your wrong for one factor, it's an 2008, with 30k miles, it's still under not only the 3/36 warranty, but also the 5/60 warranty, unless whatever is causing the problem is related to the car being modded, but nayways aslong as the car is under warranty, AHM will supply a loaner car since they are paying the bill anyways, it's their responsibility to cover his transportaion while the car is still under warranty, regardless of what your situation may have been since you can't get a loaner car, b***h enough and it'll happen, especially while under warranty since you wouldn't be paying for the laoner or the repairs
My car had issues with the break line. I think that would cause them to give you a loaner. But according to them, they said that Honda doesn't do that. That is why i said that.

And you can b***h and they still are not going to do it. They said it would take about 5 days to repair my car, and they wouldn't give me a loaner. Their words were "we are sorry to inconvenient you, but we do not supply a loaner." They did offer me to go to their Enterprise rental company and at my expense to rent a car..

RonJ

Banned
My car had issues with the break line. I think that would cause them to give you a loaner. But according to them, they said that Honda doesn't do that. That is why i said that.

And you can b***h and they still are not going to do it. They said it would take about 5 days to repair my car, and they wouldn't give me a loaner. Their words were "we are sorry to inconvenient you, but we do not supply a loaner." They did offer me to go to their Enterprise rental company and at my expense to rent a car..
From what Tom said, I recommend that you draft a respectful complaint letter and send it directly to the Honda Corporation main office. They may refund you if you paid for a rental car while the work was being done. If you decided not to have the warranty work done by Honda, Honda may refund you the cost of the repairs done by another shop. I find that letter writing can be very effective when done properly, especially to a solid company like Honda.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member

then the dealership you went to is not very interested in helping their customers, or don't care about their CSI scores, honda would supply a loaner car, which is typically through Enterprise Rental, trust me, it's not honda that is refusing, but your lame dealership service department.

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
then the dealership you went to is not very interested in helping their customers, or don't care about their CSI scores, honda would supply a loaner car, which is typically through Enterprise Rental, trust me, it's not honda that is refusing, but your lame dealership service department.
The thing is, i went to 2 different dealerships and they say the exact same thing. I am completly disapointed at Honda Service Department.
Honda is thought as like a really good company and reliable and also good customer service. But i guess i am being proven wrong...Should have gone with a VW...... :-P

2k10coupe

I know in my paper work it says that Honda will supply me with a loaner car for the time period it takes for them to repair the car as long as its still under the factory warranty.

RonJ

Banned
The thing is, i went to 2 different dealerships and they say the exact same thing. I am completly disapointed at Honda Service Department.
Honda is thought as like a really good company and reliable and also good customer service. But i guess i am being proven wrong...Should have gone with a VW...... :-P
Write a letter and send it to the main office of Honda Corporation.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Again, it's not Honda, it's the individual dealerships, nothing to do with Honda, just poor service between 2 dealer's, complaining does get a reward, i have seen it time and time again, i have worked at 2 dealer's doing the same job for 8 years, both dealer's were honda, and i have worked in parts for those 8 years,i see first hand what goes on with service and i know how they work, adn i know what honda will do and won't do, and yes they will supply a loaner car is you car is under warranty, if the dealer does not then that is a issue on their hands, since they have to pay for the car up front, and then submit the final bill to honda for reimbursement, and again that goes back onto the dealer, you perception that honda is a bad company is outta the question, they truly have nothing to do with not giving you a car.