08 Si civic needs tires

ladyhbabyy

Hey!

So i'm new to the site for 1. and 2. I have an 08 si civic and i need new tires. i've been looking around and I know that I want all season tires, i want them to ride smooth andd last a while..

I've been looking at Kumho Ecstas AST or Fuzion HRI or Altimax HP..

any suggestions?!

thanks guys!!

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Kuhmos are good, falkens 912s are pretty good as well. Buy them from tirerack, that s**t's a lot cheaper than most shops.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Agreed. The Kumho AST is a good tire. I suggested them to my brother that has an '06 Accord and I mounted them for him about 2 years ago and he loves them. The Falken 912's are about equvalent to the Kumho's, good tire. Definitely buy from an online source. I saved about $70 all mounted and balanced when I bought my tires from discounttiredirect than from the cheapest tire shop...

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fuzion HRIs are good for the money.

If you have 16s or up I would highly recommend Continental DWS. I would hands down run those if I didn't have 15s as they don't go any lower than 16.

clean02

5+ Year Member
i ran dunlop sp sport signature series on my rsx and they were the best iv bought.

tribal_ben

i have the fuzion HRI on 07 si and i have had them for aboutyear and a half and they are great in summer and dry weather but do lack some traction in the wet once some of the tread is gone i am gonna try kuhmo ast

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
As others have already stated, Khumo and Falken make great tires. Definitely check out TireRack. They usually have great prices. Any local shop should be able to install them for you.

ThiZZ

im in this same situation... tirerack doesnt carry the falken 912s....

what do you guys think about the pirelli p zero neros?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im in this same situation... tirerack doesnt carry the falken 912s....

what do you guys think about the pirelli p zero neros?
I don't know what your intentions are but they are a summer performance tire and will be s**t in winter/cold weather. They also have a tread wear rating of only 220 so they are very soft and won't last all that long. I am guessing 20k miles give or take 5k.

For the same price you can get Continental DWS and they are a hell of a tire. The DWS stands for Dry, Wet, Snow and they are high performance all season tires with a tread wear rating of 540. Much, much higher.

Like I said, I would run them if they had them in 15 inch.

I just picked up a full set of Fuzion HRI for just over $200 my cost. Can't beat 'em for the money.

ThiZZ

I don't know what your intentions are but they are a summer performance tire and will be s**t in winter/cold weather. They also have a tread wear rating of only 220 so they are very soft and won't last all that long. I am guessing 20k miles give or take 5k.

For the same price you can get Continental DWS and they are a hell of a tire. The DWS stands for Dry, Wet, Snow and they are high performance all season tires with a tread wear rating of 540. Much, much higher.

Like I said, I would run them if they had them in 15 inch.

I just picked up a full set of Fuzion HRI for just over $200 my cost. Can't beat 'em for the money.
where do you get these ratings from? and what do you think of the falken 912s?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Tread wear rating isn't really accurate. It all depends on your driving style and if your car's suspension is out of wack - need an alignment. I've had 400 tires wear out on me quicker than my current 300's.