09 challenger

clifford_05

Rockin the d-series
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So Ive finally seen a couple of these drivin around since they've came out and I must say I think they look awfully nice.. Im not sure if many other people like em, but I know I do. Pickin one up at a base price of 21k isnt bad I dont believe.. Then gettin the srt-8 is a 40k price tag, with the 6.1L hemi pushin 425hp is kinda pricey in my mind but still good overall.. Anyone else have any thoughts or opinions about it??

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
They are waste of money, for real. First off you have to buy a $1500 emissions tax for it not meeting current emissions.
Story time: There is a local guy, had an S281 Mustang, thought he wanted the Challenger, traded his Mustang in on the Challenger, Liked it for a week, But after driving it like the Mustang, soon despised it, because He said it was just a little faster, he said he could deal with that but he said it handled like a boat, which is typical of a dodge performance car, went back to the dodge place to get his mustang, to find out the sold it to the Ford place, he went there, and had to buy back his Saleen. He took an ass beating getting it back, but if you are into cars that get bad gas mileage, handle badly, are only good in going in a straight line, then by all means, go ahead. This is a nostalgic fanatics car only.

2000 EKCivicEX

i VTAK
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i really like them, but i do agree the 42k for the SRT8 is really expensive and id never bother driving the base.
but deff would be a sick ride.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
so they dont meet emissions laws? wtf.

CivEx1021

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my buddy works at a chrysler dealership and just had an srt-8 come in for service he said they are pretty nasty.. the inside is pretty basic like a charger or magnum only a few little things and its a big car but other then that said they are nasty and fast and cant wait til the manual tranny comes out and to get a shot at one of them

3rdCoast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think it looks way better than the charger but other than that i really wouldnt care if i seen it on the streets. Seen one or two already.

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i personally like the car, the price of course is goin to be markd up like any other new car. the emissions tax is just a downside with any other new car you buy for now on that dont meet the 27.5 mph or w/e it is your goin to have to pay the tax. if i could afford it, i would love one. i dont agree with 12.8 since thats just one guys opinion. just like im sure someone wouldnt like how my honda handles over another. its all opinion based

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think it's fugly and tries too hard to look like the original. The Mustang pulled that trick off nicely, paying homage to the original while still looking like a modern car. This Challenger and the next Camaro are simply trying to cash in on the nastalgia muscle car revival scene that the new Mustang began.

Honestly, if I had $40K to spend on a new age muscle car, I'd be after a C6 Z06 Vette.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like it but not as good looking as the original. I really like the plum crazy.

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

The original. Don't mess with it.
ditto. its nice they are doing the retro thing now with the challenger, charger, t-bird, and camaro but they are only ruining it for the old school fans. i would spend me money putting it into a the old muscle car they are so geniusly modeling these cars from lol. better investment if u ask me.....plus if the car is old enough..no emissions yay! but i will be honest. next to the new camaro coming out, the challenger is pretty slick looking

hondagriff

Banned
Its the JDM version of vanishing point. Didn't you also notice driving on the left lane. In this version its godzilla, not a pair of dozers that stop him.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are waste of money, for real. First off you have to buy a $1500 emissions tax for it not meeting current emissions.
Story time: There is a local guy, had an S281 Mustang, thought he wanted the Challenger, traded his Mustang in on the Challenger, Liked it for a week, But after driving it like the Mustang, soon despised it, because He said it was just a little faster, he said he could deal with that but he said it handled like a boat, which is typical of a dodge performance car, went back to the dodge place to get his mustang, to find out the sold it to the Ford place, he went there, and had to buy back his Saleen. He took an ass beating getting it back, but if you are into cars that get bad gas mileage, handle badly, are only good in going in a straight line, then by all means, go ahead. This is a nostalgic fanatics car only.

That, is that guy's opinion.

Typical of a Dodge performance car? Like SRT/4s and SRT/6es and Vipers handle like s**t.....sure. :roll: Sounds like all the Porsche-phile phags after Dodge switched the Viper to GT-2 and took 1st-2nd-4th and 5th at LeMans. Must be handling like s**t to shithammer so many Porsches, BMWs, etc...

The Challenger handles like what it is. A Mercedes Benz chassis with an American motor. I've driven the Charger. The Charger does not handle poorly. Why would two less doors make it handle worse?

Personally, I wouldn't get the S/E (V6 Challenger) mainly because it only comes with a 4 speed automatic. It's SOHC V6 is an older design too, but it's turned out to be an okay engine. Just okay. No glaring defects, but not exceptional in any category. It was even a little entertaining vs Maximas and Accords in the fwd 300M.

The Mustang V6 costs a little bit less... it gives up 40 hp, but at least you can get a manual or a 5 speed auto.

The upcoming Camaro LS or RS V6 is supposed to make 300hp and be availiable with a 6 speed manual or 6 speed automatic

Now I expect the new Phoenix motor in the 2011 Challenger to make 280-300 hp as well...if they throw in a 6 speed manual with a pistol grip shifter? Sign me up. A 3800lb car with 300 hp and a 6 speed is going to move just fine. Not too fast, but far from too slow. Maybe a high 14 1/4? :what:

But until then, I'll pass on the old Dodge Intrepid motor with the 90's transmission.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Beezlebubba..............awesome response. The car drives like a muscle car, does everyone here think that Dodge should apologize to the world for making a car with a V8 that doesnt handle like a bubble with an inline4?????????

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
out of the dodge lineup i would have to go with the 300c. looks wise it is superior to the others. performance wise i could give a f**k because they all perform well and guzzle gas. 300c on 22s FTW!

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
saw a black one rolling threw town the other day. gotta admit, its the first car in a while to make me turn my head and look.