13.8 on 10 psi

AngelMR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
back to the topic please

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got a vx hatch d15z1 wit 92 hp 97trq and a ran a 16.7 at 79mph, wit the stock vx tranny id prolly be nailin 18's but i switched it out wit a ex tranny and i-h-e i got slips to prove it too im porund to say that i made this a 16 sec car wit this motor

Jas0nEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I can't see even trying at a track without some major mods. I do take interest in the slips I get at the gas station. Last time I clocked in at just over 38 mpg. THAT, I am proud of.

Jas0nEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Really it takes some skill. Any toolbag can floor the accelerator.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sedan / coupes are about the same weight. General rule of thumb is 100 lbs = 1/10 of a second off your 1/4 mile. But that can change depending on temperature, humidity, sea level, tires, launch, 60', driver, etc.

I knew someone local that ran his stock y8 coupe and went somewhere in the mid-high 16's.

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I ran 18.7
auto to manual swap I think I have a d16z6 trans
16 inch rims
no name exhaust with stock muffler

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I thought that would make you feel better. LOL!

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Man our cars are not meant for speed, any beefy domestic V8 in a coup will pretty much finish off most of the people here sadly, however with gas prices the way they are we're the ones who have the last laugh when we're not dropping 90 to 100 bucks a tank full.
Were getting there!! I filled up last Friday with $45.

SSJimmy

5+ Year Member
Yeah my SS is nice and its not to bad on gas at 17-19mpg for what it is at least but the civic gets 32-34 and costs about $20 less to fill up. Im hoping ill get in the 12s this year in the SS and i guess ill hope my Honda gets in the 18s i may race it this year some time and see how i do.

4drcivicmaster

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
13.2 @ 111mph on street tires with a 2.3 60'
this was on my old setup evo 3 16g at 19psi....

new setp is wayy better. at 24psi hoping for a high 11 on slicks

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mine was in a coupe, but i went 13.5 @ 107 on 11psi

dracing

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Keep your head up. Theres alot of haters on here ready to bring someone down. My car is slow as hell and will never see a track till after the motor swap. So I gotta give people props for even takin a stock or slightly modded sohc to the track. My last car was a 95 civic sedan with 17's and other mods ran low 14's and mid to high 13's with nitrous and drag slicks.