1/4 miles times for 4th gens with b16

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
has anyone here with a b16 in their 4th gen ran it at the track? I'm tryin to get an idea of what I might run...I have intake 4-1 header and exhaust...no cat. And vtec kicks in at 4200 with whatever chip is in there.

Pooch1069

CRX Driver
5+ Year Member
My CRX ran a 14.926 @ 97.5mph

Pooch1069

CRX Driver
5+ Year Member
I doubt you'd make it to 14's with vtec kicking in as early as 4200rpm. You need a vtec controller to make it closer to 5500 or 6000. I have one for an OBD-0 it's the Spoon Sports model. I'd sell it for $80. It's the same as this one on eBay.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is no deffinitive answer for this question, SO many variations
1.track altitude
2.quality of the driver
3.quality of the engine
4.tempature and humidiy
5.track conditions
6.wight of vehicle

most of theose spoon vtec controlers on ebay, are fake. that one actually looks real.

SO many little variations.

Last edited:

shoemaker617

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NoWayBack91Si said:
has anyone here with a b16 in their 4th gen ran it at the track? I'm tryin to get an idea of what I might run...I have intake 4-1 header and exhaust...no cat. And vtec kicks in at 4200 with whatever chip is in there.
When you get a chance to take it to the track, post yur times. Im curious, I havent had a chance to take mines to the track yet but I think I might run low 14s judging by the way it feels. Cant wait till that time comes.

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
there is no deffinitive answer for this question, SO many variations
1.track altitude
2.quality of the driver
3.quality of the engine
4.tempature and humidiy
5.track conditions
6.wight of vehicle

most of theose spoon vtec controlers on ebay, are fake. that one actually looks real.

SO many little variations.
Yea that's all very very true

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'll tell you one I've seen, It was a 88-91 4 dr dx civic and it had a b16 in it with an intake and exhaust. He was running mid 15's but he wasn't the best driver I've seen. I live in Alabama and the air is good for racing but it was kinda humid and about 87 degrees at night. Sucky conditions but then again, not the best driver. Track was sticky as hell from all the VHT and big sportsman cars laying down the rubber.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pooch1069 said:
I doubt you'd make it to 14's with vtec kicking in as early as 4200rpm. You need a vtec controller to make it closer to 5500 or 6000. I have one for an OBD-0 it's the Spoon Sports model. I'd sell it for $80. It's the same as this one on eBay.
Now thats a sales man :lol:

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id be suprised if a basically stock b16 all motor even tickles the 14's.

i guess between 15.0-15.5

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I can't wait to see what I'll run in my fullt built ls/vtec in my 5th gen hatch. Drag racing is my specialty, cutting a light and hitting a shift. Easy .5-.7's every time.

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea...i think the biggest part is reaction time with a solid launch!