1.5in drop

da hulk

5+ Year Member
i wus wondering which would be the best setup for a 97 civic ex...dat would still be smooth but cheap too..any suggestions would help

Anth EK Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have H&R springs that droped about 1.5" and they feel really good but its up to you Skunk2, Tien, & H&R are probley a good choice

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EK9 springs/shocks :thumbs up

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The H&R Sports are more like a 2" drop. You should either get the Eibach Pro-Kit or if you want just a tad lower, the Tein S-Tech.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got some neuspeed springs and some monroe shocks. my ride is comfy. small drop.

mark84

5+ Year Member
go with a 2" drop, I have basic tokicos 1.5inch all round but i still think its too high. I'm running on 17" inch rims just to give you a figure. I'll post up pics if you want, just let me know.

da hulk

5+ Year Member
well i didnt want to spend more than 250 of this...so if the tein s tech is less than that nd it rides smooth nd without bouncing around thatl be gud....
yea post sum pix please anybody so i can get a clue of wut they look like:D

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i didnt want to spend more than 250 of this...so if the tein s tech is less than that nd it rides smooth nd without bouncing around thatl be gud....
You should search for it, and they do provide a comfortable ride. You can also use your stock shocks if they have fairly low mileage on them.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do it right or don't do it at all. You're going to regret spending money on cheap s**t and in the end, you'll just be spending money on better products and spending even more money than if you would've just bought the better product in the first place.

mark84

5+ Year Member
Do it right or don't do it at all. You're going to regret spending money on cheap s**t and in the end, you'll just be spending money on better products and spending even more money than if you would've just bought the better product in the first place.
yep true.. Also,If your going 1.5" or more caber kit is required.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Camber kits aren't necessary. All cars are dialed in with a slight amount of negative camber. It helps steering. Toe is what'll get yah. Just get an alignment and call it a day.

Absolut3Zr0

The Herman Handler
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have Skunk2 lowering springs(2.25-2.5" drop) with Tokico blues. The drop is low, and depending on the offset of your wheel you may start to rub like a madman. With new tires, on a downhill turn with braking, I rub. The shocks are def lacking as well, but since they were all I could afford I gotta deal with it. If you wanna run these springs, def save up for some good shocks like the Koni Yellows, or even the reds.

Ride isnt too bouncy and most of the body roll is gone (which helps since my cupholders blow. Cant remember how many times I spilled drinks when the body roll was epic on stock dookers)

mark84

5+ Year Member
This is a 1.5" drop from one of my cars.

This one is a 2" drop with front caber kit.

da hulk

5+ Year Member
so ummm jus to make sure....if i go with the 1.5in drop with tein s tech nd the stock new shocks...i still have to get a camber kit...nd ofcourse ill get an alignment

DJDM97CIVICEX

Devin97CivicEX
5+ Year Member
I have s-techs on mine and the camber in the back was the worst but just diy it. thats what I did and its fine.
Any lower and you def need a camber kit in the front.

+alignment

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member