1.7EL Leather In 2000 EK

pdispenn

5+ Year Member
Hello everyone i found a pair of mint Rear leather seats but i dont know if they fit. I know everyone is very helpful and knowlegable on this site so i thought i would ask. Does 1.7EL rear seats fit in EK (Coupe) without modification? im basically looking for a rear seat that needs no modding at all.

thank you for all your help in advance.

Last edited:

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They aren't a direct fit, that's for sure. You need 1.6 EL seats.

pdispenn

5+ Year Member
i heard 1.6EL seats leave gaps though. is this true?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I.6 EL seats are an exact fit for a 96-00 sedan and I believe that you just don't use the side bolsters and they fit the coupe perfectly but I don't have a coupe so I can't promise

pdispenn

5+ Year Member
CGPEG6 would you happen to know if leather can be massaged back in place because the seats i found have scrapes like this:

subsonic-civic

5+ Year Member
1.6 EL seats will not directly fit into a 96-00 coupe. they're larger. i tried. haha
1.6 is a 4 door, rear seats are larger than coupes.

EJAaron

5+ Year Member
i say just get them and give it a try and if you find that you have to do to much modifing for them to fit you can always sell or trade for something else

pdispenn

5+ Year Member
lol im just gonna reupholster the rear seat it's easier and i know it fits. This way i stay clear of problems. thank you for your help everyone. is 280.00 CDN a good price for black leatherette?