1)Concealed Weapon Permit 2)Buying a Sidearm?

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You guys here can all call me faggots but Im going to tell you the safest option. If you get mugged, even if the mugger does not have a gun, just give him, or them, what they want. Its only stuff and it can be replaced. Plus if you shoot someone whos mugging you, youre pretty much f**ked legally unless you get lucky. Also keep in mind that if theres only one mugger, you are more likely to get attacked. Muggers also usually carry more than one weapon.
If I would ever get mugged without a weapon I would RUN LIKE HELL.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
When it happened to me, the guys were all cool saying "yea I use to skateboard and s**t" then bam I got knocked out old. Plus I was like 16 yrs old.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
to whoever said you wont get hurt if you dont resist a mugger; one of them punched my cousin in the mouth b/c she began crying when they took our great grandmother's ring from her, which btw, was not replaceable. her boyfriend said he had several chances to act, had he been armed, while they were preoccupied with her pulling her purse and jewelry from her. he had to watch them hit her in the face...

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The whole CCP/CWP varies from state to state.

It's pretty easy to get.

Following the rules isn't always easy. In some cases, it's actually easier for someone without a concealed carry permit to have a firearm than it is for a person with a ccp. Municipal and state properties? The permit holder can't carry. The guy with the rifle in plain sight is fine. It's silly, I know.

Again, by state, it varies. In states like Florida or Texas. Felony criminals beware. If you're comitting a felony act against someone with a CCP, you're gonna' get shot. Little or nothing will happen to the shooter. The law isn't written as such in Texas but to my knowledge, no shooter has been prosecuted.

Other states you have to be able to demonstrate that you tried to retreat and was left no other option than to fire at your attacker.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
-Not very hard at all, it varies from state to state but first you must take a class to confirm that you have learned the basics of owning a concealed firearm. Then you must apply for the permit at your local sherrif's office, mine was $50 and $15 for getting printed. Just know that there is a lot of responsibility when/if you decide to carry, and you must pass specific guidelines in order for them to issue you one (no warrants, felonies, misdemeanors in the last four years, etc).

-If you are partial to Glocks (like me) the best for conceal IMO is the sub compact G26 (9mm) or the G27 (.40). I might also look into something like the Walther P99 or the H&K P7M8.

glock 27 is an awesome SMALL reasonably high powered gun.. i have a 23.. they are both 40 cal... the problem is this.. with any semi auto when you pull the trigger you are rolling the dice.. if that gun does not fire you are f**king dead... if NJ had carry i would carry a nice revolver... when you pull THAT trigger if it doesnt fire.. you simply pull again.. no bullshit.. and lets face it.. SURE my glock holds 14 rounds.. and most wheel guns are only holding 6.. in the situation you described.. you should not need more than 6 shots.. but if you want to get fancy you could throw a speed loader in your pocket then you are at 12 with one reload...

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Plus if you shoot someone whos mugging you, youre pretty much f**ked legally unless you get lucky. .
In your state perhaps.

In my state? Being a criminal might get you shot. It's an occupational hazard of being a mugger.

Your state abolished the death penalty ... my state put in an express lane. We kill criminals.

And to date, I don't know of anyone with a CCP that has been prosecuted for shooting a criminal.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
glock 27 is an awesome SMALL reasonably high powered gun.. i have a 23.. they are both 40 cal... the problem is this.. with any semi auto when you pull the trigger you are rolling the dice.. if that gun does not fire you are f**king dead... if NJ had carry i would carry a nice revolver... when you pull THAT trigger if it doesnt fire.. you simply pull again.. no bullshit.. and lets face it.. SURE my glock holds 14 rounds.. and most wheel guns are only holding 6.. in the situation you described.. you should not need more than 6 shots.. but if you want to get fancy you could throw a speed loader in your pocket then you are at 12 with one reload...
:thumbs up

Misfire procedure on a dual-action revolver: Pull the f**king trigger again. :lol:

If 5 .38 Special +P rounds don't take an attacker down, then 14 .40 might not either.:shock:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i have a hard time concealing revolvers

but my sister carries this :lol:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
this place is getting glitchy lately....

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a hard time concealing revolvers
Airweight.

It's only five rounds. :what:

I don't want to be in a situation where I need more than 5 anyway.

You could probably palm an Airweight and no one would even notice.

Or just use a Desantis pocket holster

I would prefer a .357 Colt Python. but that's a concealment nightmare.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The best advice I could give you is don't listen to most of these guys about when to shoot someone. I have to agree with vjf on his basic point that it is usually a better idea to give them your stuff than to immediately mag dump into a mugger. In some situations it would be best to resist, but in most cases as long as they don't ask you to come with them or lie down you are probably better off tossing your possessions at their feet, that way you are still able to draw if you need to.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The best advice I could give you is don't listen to most of these guys about when to shoot someone. I have to agree with vjf on his basic point that it is usually a better idea to give them your stuff than to immediately mag dump into a mugger. In some situations it would be best to resist, but in most cases as long as they don't ask you to come with them or lie down you are probably better off tossing your possessions at their feet, that way you are still able to draw if you need to.
That's part of the CCP training. You don't just shoot people.

But I wish I'd had my CCP when I got attacked by some mouth-breather with a Pick-Axe handle.
That was a couple of broken ribs, numerous defensive wounds to my forearms, and a cracked frontal process I could have done without.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Airweight.

It's only five rounds. :what:

I don't want to be in a situation where I need more than 5 anyway.

You could probably palm an Airweight and no one would even notice.

Or just use a Desantis pocket holster

I would prefer a .357 Colt Python. but that's a concealment nightmare.
still too big for me, a little wider than mine, and i cant do pocket holsters
i dont even like using the +1 mag extension on the glock 26.
i've been using a galco clip on inside the pants holster like this one
http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=935&GunID=50

glock26/27 on the left, airweight right of the middle

my father has a nice python, never shoots it though

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's part of the CCP training. You don't just shoot people.
Like I said before though, CWP courses are mostly a joke. Also, they can never cover all specific scenarios. I was simply saying that it isn't always right to immediately shoot because some dude wants your wallet, and in many cases it may be safer for you to just give it up.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Of coarse not, have you ever taken a course?
Nope, as you can see I am still too young to get my CWP, and unless I move out of MD I won't be getting one even when I turn 21 unfortunately.

I've just done a lot of research on many different aspects of firearm ownership.

Yes, it should be obvious that you don't shoot immediately, but the way people in here are crucifying vjf it seems like the general attitude of the CC CWP club is to kill anyone over a matter of $30, a credit card, and a driver's license. I was just pointing out that i most states legally your CCW is to defend your life, not your pocket change.