10/8

Old Man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Produce Equip FIGHT BACK!
Worker injured at Calif. fruit processing plant
The Associated Press
Last Updated 11:01 am PDT Wednesday, October 8, 2008

YUBA CITY, Calif. -- Authorities are investigating an accident that severely injured a 25-year-old man when his head became caught in a food-processing machine.

A spokeswoman with the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health says preliminary reports show the worker's head was crushed by equipment that washes fruit at Sunsweet Growers Inc.

The worker was taken from the Yuba City plant to Sutter Roseville Medical Center in Roseville. His name and condition have not been released.

Erika Monterraza, the Cal-OSHA spokeswoman, told the Appeal-Democrat of Marysville that the worker has a heartbeat.

Sunsweet President Arthur Driscoll did not immediately return a phone call Wednesday by The Associated Press.
http://www.sacbee.com/114/story/1298448.html

and...

Worker Loses Leg In Winery Accident

Oct 8, 2008 7:47 am US/Pacific
SAN MARTIN, Calif. (AP) ― A worker in a Santa Clara County winery has lost a leg in a work-related accident.

A Santa Clara County fire official says the 20-year-old man's right leg became caught in a piece of equipment while he worked at ASV Wines in San Martin on Monday night.

A trauma surgeon and an anesthesiologist were flown in by helicopter from a San Jose hospital.

Officials say the doctors amputated the man's leg at mid-thigh at the scene, then helped remove him from the machine.

The worker was taken to Valley Medical Center in San Jose. His name and condition have not been released.
http://cbs13.com/local/winery.accident.leg.2.835345.html

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I bet it was their fault, but now the company has to pay millions for their mistakes.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I bet it was their fault, but now the company has to pay millions for their mistakes.
has yet to be determined.. but this is where OSHA will step in and see if the company was negligent in their disclosure of safety hazards and property safety training.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I remember a friend of mine used to work at the tomato factory (DELMONTE actually) lol. and he said people have cut their fingers and hands on that machine that chops up the tomatoes. One time they've seen snakes, rats and other s**t on that machine, but they really couldn't do s**t about it. WORK MUST CONTINUE. so when you eat ketchup...think of those LMAO...IT'S ALL TRUE.

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^yeah no kidding.... I hate to hear crazy s**t like that... :(