15x7 40mm offset what tire size should I get? On 96 hatch DX

Bendover4Jking

Sup ClubCivic well just like the title says that's what I'm asking
Some info for what I wanna do
I wanna get buddyclub p1 rims 15x7 40mm offset my car has all stock suspension so for right now I wanna buy those rims and then later on but some skunk 2 coilover and off course drop it but I don't wanna buy new tires so what would be a good tire size when I do drop it it won't rub or make the toe bad th aka guys =)!!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
195/50/15, my tires are 205/50/15 and I'm tucking tread. 45's would look too thin for stock height. A 50mm side wall won't get in the way when you lower it. Also the ride comfort is a little more harsh with a 45 side wall being there is less of it.

I have 15x7 +38 kosei k1 wheels.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:popcorn:

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Either 195/50 or 205/50 will work. You won't have rubbing issues with a 15x7 +40 wheel. BTW, putting on wheels, esp with thin spokes, without a drop will just look funky. Either lower first then get the wheels or do it all at once. You'll be dying to lower your car if you slap the wheels on there with stock suspension lol

Novtecgoesbwahh

I would do either 195/50 or 195/45.
That way when you do lower it, you won't have a bunch of extra tire preventing you to go lower.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you want to tuck tire when you lower it go with 195/50.........if not a 205/50