16" rims on an 8th gen?

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How do you think it will look if droped ? The fg1's have 16's stock so I am thinking of getting 16's when I decide to replace my rims on my Si ....opinions, Please.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I personaly think 17's are to big to have the car look performance orentiated, 17's look like show car wheels to me. I just measured the size of my wheel well and it is 30 inches wide as shown from the points in the picture, I wonder if a 16" rim with a low profile tire will looks to small in there?

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have 17s, they look great in my opinion.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thinking about I am wondering if my brakes would fit behind 16's ?

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
IMO, I'd stay with the size that came stock on the car or bigger.

Put some 22's on it :lol:

Zenray

7@WOT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
16" with low profile are going to look lost in the wheel well IMO

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah thats what I am afraid of, I guess I will stick to 17's .. actually could a 7th and a 6th gen'er please measure the size of their wheel well like I did (across the largest part at the bottom) and post up the size please?

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Come on bob you of all people 17's are a bit heavy but they look good. 16' are lighter but then if you want performance stick with the stocks or get racing aluminum rims. It all depends on my civic and my ladies I am putting 18''s cause they look bad ass but if you want performance then get real racing rims. Fyi I used spacers for my 17's those calipers are f**king big and stick out.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, I am looking at somew forged motegi track lights, 15 lbs !

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I saw some 16's that weigh only 20 lbs each but they cost 150 each now thats performance pricing.

ryanM

jcmrules said:
I saw some 16's that weigh only 20 lbs each but they cost 150 each now thats performance pricing.
im assuming your being sarcastic, cuz 20 lbs each for 16"s is pretty damn heavy

but what comes on the fg2 stock? i thought it was 18 but im not sure

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The si's come with the 17'' si alloys, The Ex comes with 16''alloys, dx comes with 15'' caps, lx comes with 16'' caps.

J Rod

JDM Like Whoa!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Personally, I would stay with 17's. Looks much better than 16's. Just get a smaller tire if you are worried about performance. There is alot of smart guys on the local boards that know alot.

www.nestreetscene.com Go there and PM GotCone? his name is Jon, REAL smart guy, one of the EventMasters at the auto-x's.

nad_racer

5+ Year Member
I know my ex would perform best with wider, lighter 16" that the alloys that are on there now. 17s look nice too but a good 16 with a nice tire can look just as good. Big wheels have more rotational weight further out so its slower to get moving and harder to stop anyway. A wider 16" wheel can have the same size contact patch area wise as the 17 but it'll do much better sideways that the thinner 17" wheel and tire combo unless your using spacers and with those it puts alot of strain on the axels and cause a greater chance of snaping them on a hard bump. But then again thats how I roll.

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you threw some 16s on there with low profile and wheel spacers.. the wheels wouldn't look lost at all. That would look hot, and I think I'm gonna do the same thing.

nad_racer

5+ Year Member
I'm not sure i came accross clearly. spacers = bad news. Go with a wheel that has the correct offset if its a wider lighter wheel like a 16x7 or higher. If its lighter than the stockers with some good quality tires you'll be more than happy with all year handling. If you intend on lowering the car anyway then the 16s wont have that much fender well gap. But there is two ways to lessen the gap there. A bigger tire or lower the car. Big wheels on an un-modified suspension still can make the car look like its jacked up.

madhopz88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive always thought that stock size or a lil bigger looks best. have someone photoshop the rims that u want on there