17 years, finally own a CRX!!!

Redcrxdan

Hi, I'm Danny

Back when I was 16 my buddy Eddy took me out for a ride in his red CRX Si, it was a blast to scoot around in. I've been wanting one ever since but the timing and $$$ never came together, until now!

For $1200 I've got a pretty nice little CRX with a peppy little y8 engine still on short Si gearing :-)))

Still scraping the ugly plasti dip off the car. Had it for 4-5 days now. Interior is really nice but it's missing the rear deck and whatever the seat back looking deal is. Hoping to pick up JDM jumpseat.

image.jpg
Yay!

200STM

Looks slick I almost pulled the trigger on a 1988 DX model but the guy didn't know if it'll pass smog or not. Yours looks great welcome to Club Civic!

Redcrxdan

Looks slick I almost pulled the trigger on a 1988 DX model but the guy didn't know if it'll pass smog or not. Yours looks great welcome to Club Civic!
Thanks 200STM! I sure hope mine does. I haven't had to do a smog test since I was 17 in Flarida. Hope Oregon is kind to me!

200STM

Cool, I was nervous when I got my 92 Civic LX to smog it and luckily it passed with flying colors I was a late driver I'm in my mid 20s and got my first car last year. the CRX I was looking at was this one that a guy at my work was selling for 500$. I was tempted but the smog is what I learned from buying used cars no smog no sale. Good luck what color are you going for?

Attachments

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL that has to be the first time I have seen anyone refer to a d-series as peppy.

Great pick up. I used to like those until I owned one and it was a pile. Had a couple of friends that had them and they were nightmares. Hopefully this one treats you better than we fared.

Also, I don't believe Oregon has smog testing.

Welcome to CC.

Redcrxdan

LOL that has to be the first time I have seen anyone refer to a d-series as peppy.

Great pick up. I used to like those until I owned one and it was a pile. Had a couple of friends that had them and they were nightmares. Hopefully this one treats you better than we fared.

Also, I don't believe Oregon has smog testing.

Welcome to CC.
Well it's basically the same thing as the 90 civic hatchback I have and that has been super reliable. I think this one will be good as long as the Y8 does not give me issues. I've owned a few mazdas, a few fords and a couple DSMs so I know all about issues ;) Most of Oregon does not have smog testing except for Salem and Portland, I'm in Portland. My girlfriend got an 86 Ford Ranger and she hasn't had to do anything for smog so far. It's been a month or so since she got it.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Engines in all of ours were great. Hondas are bulletproof. It was the rest of the car that was terrible. They were all falling apart. It was like Honda hodgepodged the CRX together and hoped for the best. I have seen some ones that were really done well as far as customizing goes though so there is definitely a good following for them.

Redcrxdan

Engines in all of ours were great. Hondas are bulletproof. It was the rest of the car that was terrible. They were all falling apart. It was like Honda hodgepodged the CRX together and hoped for the best. I have seen some ones that were really done well as far as customizing goes though so there is definitely a good following for them.
So far mine is great. I'll update if any chasis issues happen but seems solid to me =)

Redcrxdan

Carsurvey.org is showing great reviews as well. For 91 that is. Haven't looked at other year reviews. Fingers crossed.