17inch? to 15inch?

VIPEk00

Banned
I have Black 2000 Civic Dx. Ek
i have a full CTR set up and want a more JDM set up for a time attack or circuit racing..
i have 17in limited Racing rims with a 205/45/17
i were gunna get a set of 15in Rota slip streams or should i buy 17inch?

LMK whats better for a Honda.
when i had my Si rims i felt like a had more power to the wheels but thats just me..
anyone have a clue

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
15's ftw

VIPEk00

Banned
ALLRIGHT! LOL I GUESS THE VOTE IS UNANIMOUS..

15'S I GO...
i HAVE A SET OF weaponR coilovers with the helper spring probably upgrade to Skunk2 or Tein.
But after i get these rims imma drop it like its hottt.

gmanauseal

5+ Year Member
Good Choice everyone, go with 15's I just purchase a new set of slipstream 15's waiting for my tire.
it should look pretty cool on my ek hatch

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i bought my car w 17 inch wheels on em. they looked nice w a 1 and half inch drop... but.. the 205/40 tires were real rough. so i downsized to 15's. and im loving this a lot better. next time around. im going for 16's

KaizVic

5+ Year Member
kind of in the same boat but have stockers was thinking about 17's mainly for the look but i dont want a rough ride, but 15's are just 1' up from stock steelies so is the investment worth it? or should one go with 16's?

VIPEk00

Banned
Yeah.. i might throw a gorilla lift kit on their and candy paint with a wood wheel and call it a day..
Naw but im supposed to get the Rota's the end of the week if this dude gets his rims by the end of this month.
IDK what he's getting. but he painted the rotas gold. which will match everything i have anywayz.
but he got a lil over spray on the tires. and im no paint expert so would that rub off after a while?