17's? , 16's?, or 15's?

TurboEM1

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15" - Performance - lighter weight, cheaper tires
16" - Performance/Looks - Depending on what rim usually lighter, Tires price is slightly more
17" - Looks - Heavier, Expensive tires
18" - Bling - Heavy, Real Expensive tires, You better just get the chrome.

Blk05Civic

Reppin HX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
on civics 16'' is the best looking IMO, plus you won't scrape and the rims wont slow you down AS much =)

there are many good wheels in 16" sizes, and tires wont be that expensive.

let us know what you get and post pics

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got 15's w/50's and I love the ride, but I kind of wish I had 16's for the slightly smaller tires. I say 16's with 45 tires, so you'll still have a good ride.

*Guest*

Banned
hhhmmm i have 18" Volks but back in the day people would say 15" for dragrace 16" for street/race 17" for show race 18" for showcar.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15's unless you have some sick big brake kit to show off.. 17's or bigger + stock brakes looks really bad imho

kingstonrock

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd say 16". They'll give you a good compromise between weight, looks and tire sidewall size (short enough to be pretty stiff, but still tall enough to flex enough). Performance wise, the only reason for anything bigger is to fit a big brake kit, which I see as completely unnecessary unless you brake hard from 100+ mph often.

Eric

exterm8861

5+ Year Member
if you want performance stick to donuts and if you want style look for anything 17 or greater. I had 16's and din't notice anything and switched to my stock donuts and it's amazing on how light the car runs.

16's and 17's are almost the same in price but for 17's usually you can find more styles and a wider selection of tires. there probably is the selection of tires for 16's but I had no luck on that. but than again if you're getting 17's why not get 18's, that'll really make the impression.

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98ciback said:
I've been looking at a lot of hatchbacks pics on the site, but I still can't figure out what kind of rims to get.
I own a silver 98 hatch cx
It seems like 17's look nice but then I see a lot of hatches with smaller rims. Is it that they can't afford 17's? or just because the ride get's unconfortable?
What should I get? :???:
thanx!
like alot of people said its not the price 17 are just to Heavy. but IMO most of them are to flashy for civics.. i have a pair of 17's that are atleast 7 years old they hit the ground for about 3days ( long story short my brother go them back in like 99 never got the car out sold it to me with all the parts back in 04 ) well last year i had them on my car drove nice. nice ride but i kept braking axles wasnt worth it.. so now i stay with 15's mostly oem rims they just look better then some rims outs

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have 15' c8's and im the coolest person i know

zzzpoohzzz

quitter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my car is going to be slow anyways... so i have 17"s because i know whats the difference between slow and a little slower