17x7?

NeedsMoreLow

Need a quick opinion from everyone. I'm about to buy some new rims for my 1999 Lx (can be seen in the Sedan forum) and I want some opinions. If I get some 17x7's, and don't get ridiculously low profile tires, will they rub(also accounting for a 1.5" drop)? and if not, will they be absurdly large? I'm not trying to look like a straight G.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think 17's look fine on your generation civic and they shouldnt rub with that little of a drop.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I disagree. 17s on a 6th gen. will occasionally rub even at stock height. But with a 7-inch width I'd bet they'd rub regularly at a 1.5" drop. 16" rims are the largest size you can go up without issue.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I disagree. 17s on a 6th gen. will occasionally rub even at stock height. But with a 7-inch width I'd bet they'd rub regularly at a 1.5" drop. 16" rims are the largest size you can go up without issue.
x2

NeedsMoreLow

Thanks guys. I'm gonna check out a set of 16x7 tomorrow. I'm going for more of a track stance with this car. Not too low, but solid offset. So I may get wheel spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk