1990 Civic Dx-Swap Options

Henry14000

5+ Year Member
Ok, so i was looking around and I found one of the freshest EF shells ever. The guy said hed sell me the shell for 1000$ or wait till next week and hell have an LS motor in it(with a B16 Tranny) for 2000$. What would u guys opt for, the LS motor, D15B or a D16y8. BTW, both d series motors I can get in my car for 1000 installed for me(w/ chip and tune). Im also considering Gas milage in my decision, its obvious the LS would be thirstier for gas, but if its not too much of a difference I wouldnt mind.
Thanks Guys!!

Omegastorm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well seems not a bad deal to me already installed and tuned but id want to know who did the work and check it thoughly other than that nice deal. If the body is what you say then go for the B hell all the parts to do the swap cost about a grand s**t why not have some doit for you.

Henry14000

5+ Year Member
True.

well seems not a bad deal to me already installed and tuned but id want to know who did the work and check it thoughly other than that nice deal. If the body is what you say then go for the B hell all the parts to do the swap cost about a grand s**t why not have some doit for you.
thats VERY true. But the thing is i here that LS motors dont have good gas milage especially compared to the d15b vtec, considering what the d15b is capable of.

aznsk8rboii

A Fiend
5+ Year Member
well, ill put it this way.
an ls runs 15.7 at best in a 4th gen with a shitty long tranny, ive seen it happen at our track many times.
a multi point d15b2 (original motor in dx hb) let me hit 15.9 with si tranny
an ls with a gsr tranny ive seen hit 15flat.

i hope that helps. these are what ive seen personally.
my buddy also ran a 15.2 with his da teg.