1991 civic DX ignition problem

jcpower

5+ Year Member
hi i just got a civic DX for my son but wound star, i change spark plug, distributor wiring, fuel filter and engine cover gasket kit also the O-ring seal between the camshaft and the distributor by doing all that i was sure to keep the 1st piston on top or at DTC point, any way the car will crank but not star so it may be the timing or the distributor wiring since i don't know to much about it i may installed wrong but i follow the Haney book, I'm still confused if i did it wrong, so please if any one have the diagram for this car on how to install the distributor cables or a pictures of the engine bay that i can see the positions i Will appreciated, thank you for your reply
P.S/ I also check the main fuse and is OK

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hi i just got a civic DX for my son but wound star, i change spark plug, distributor wiring, fuel filter and engine cover gasket kit also the O-ring seal between the camshaft and the distributor by doing all that i was sure to keep the 1st piston on top or at DTC point, any way the car will crank but not star so it may be the timing or the distributor wiring since i don't know to much about it i may installed wrong but i follow the Haney book, I'm still confused if i did it wrong, so please if any one have the diagram for this car on how to install the distributor cables or a pictures of the engine bay that i can see the positions i Will appreciated, thank you for your reply
P.S/ I also check the main fuse and is OK
you keep mentioning distributor wiring. did you do a motor swap or bought the car with a motor swap. or is

it factory ?

jcpower

5+ Year Member
I mean spark plug wires and TDC

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
here is a pic for the wires and firing order

your dizzy might be 180 off. check to see if your dizzy rotor is facing where the plugwire number one would go into the cap

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes its the same thing just you dont have two cams. i used that same pic to help me on my 1.5 std hatch wen i first got it

Dennis Waller

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The photograph above is not a 1991 Honda Civic DX. It is a much newer DOHC V-TEC engine.
Dennis Waller