1991 civic dx wont start - texas

fordron2003

5+ Year Member
My son traded his car for a 1991 Honda Civic Dx. It has been broken down in front of a busines for 3 weeks. My roomate said that it was the crank angle sensor, so i bought him a new td-18u distributor and replaced it. The car still has the very same problem. I notice that when he turns over the engine, the top pulley (assuming crank pulley) is not turning. There seems to be alot of after maret work done under the hood and would liek to know what else I can do to get the car running. It has a 1.5liter engine 5 speed.

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what do you mean by "top pulley"? - if you are looking at the driver's side end of the engine, the crank pulley is down at the bottom and has a belt running the alternator - at the top of the engine (directly above the crank pulley) is the gear on the camshaft - if the camshaft gear is not turning when you turn the engine over, then the timing belt is broken

the TD18U distributor is not the correct distributor for the D15 engine (unless the engine has been converted to MPFI) - the D15 DPFI engine uses a TD01U distributor - the TD18U is for the MPFI engines

my_mugen

Official EF Gang
5+ Year Member
carburetor or injection? some local part its used carburetor . can tell us more detaily