1991 Civic Si Electric Problems HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

viscious2stroke

5+ Year Member
Ok I got a 91 civic Si with an OBD0-Obd1 conversion with a D16Z6. The car starts fine and runs fine but when i go to turn the headlights on only the head lights come on (no parking lights, rear lights, interior lights, or liscence plate lights). Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesnt. Now i checked all the fuses and they seem to be okay and i was wondering if anyone has any ideas of waht it could be? This causes a very serious problem cuz i cant drive at night so the more help the better...thanks alot guys

cycleguy83

5+ Year Member
Damn. I have near the same problem. I spliced some signal mirrors into the parking lights and now the orange corner lights nor red rear lights come on. They do blink though if I use turn signal. So I don't think it's the fuse. What tells the lights to come on. They still have power just no command I guess

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you use a conversion harness or did you just do the wiring by hand?

viscious2stroke

5+ Year Member
i solved the problem with mine and it was actually the stick on the steering wheel that controls the blinkers and lights, i cleaned the contacts beneath the steering wheel cover that connect to it and it worked

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i solved the problem with mine and it was actually the stick on the steering wheel that controls the blinkers and lights, i cleaned the contacts beneath the steering wheel cover that connect to it and it worked
good to hear :thumbs up

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.