1991 Gsr Center Console Swap

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
Hey guy`s,I finally got my console in the mail today and,I though to my knowledge it would be cake well,I was totally wrong the Console didnt include the Cig Lighter no the Ash Tray Wich to me was a rip off anyway,I go to plug it right up to the old center console and gusse what didnt line up right at all way off for some reason,I batteled to ge the cig lighter from my 91 to go onto the gsr and finally got it ready for my car mind you still very off on alignment and couldnt get it to go down enough to screw the middle bolts back in help plz someone .

SilentMist

If anybody can relate to my problem some intel would be great or if someone could push me in the right direction would be awsome as well.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
if it's from the 96 like you post to say then you might be ok, but i thought th e94-95 were the one's that'll fit better, unless they are no different then the 96 and newer one's, either way it won't line up perfect at all, but it'll still look better the no console at all, and next time state your info a little better so other member's don't get confused and become a littl epissy at ya like he did.

SilentMist

Well,I am missing the cig lighter and a ash tray so ,I made my 91 fit into the console but it look a little retarted but,I mean overall it look`s awsome.I can`t complain way betta,I love having a arm rest man,I didnt notice befor but now man whoa what an awsome feeling of Comfert,I am saying thou "Tom" ,I have seen them on some other hatchies and they go on perfect man no gap maybe its cause,I am missing the cig and ash tray .

SilentMist

has to be 94-00 I belive not to sure,,I know the old acura integra console wont go in to flared out on the side the newer one`s are awsome

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
SilentMist said:
Well,I am missing the cig lighter and a ash tray so ,I made my 91 fit into the console but it look a little retarted but,I mean overall it look`s awsome.I can`t complain way betta,I love having a arm rest man,I didnt notice befor but now man whoa what an awsome feeling of Comfert,I am saying thou "Tom" ,I have seen them on some other hatchies and they go on perfect man no gap maybe its cause,I am missing the cig and ash tray .
this is the same one i have, and honestly i thought mine fit ok, sure it's not perfect, but hey it's not made for the car either, lol, but yeah it's much better to have taht arm rest now.

4doorcivic16 said:
will a 2gen integra center consold fit in a 4 gen civic
umm yes, taht's teh one were talking about.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no tom 2g tegs(90-93) wont fit, they look more like the CRX consoles, 3g tegs fit.

red_EF9si

röckïn dä älmïghty ß16
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why d**k around with an older gen teg console when the 94-UP GSR consoles are a bolt on affair?
Heres mine...

Mine came without a cig lighter too,but since i dont smoke it doesnt bother me.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
no tom 2g tegs(90-93) wont fit, they look more like the CRX consoles, 3g tegs fit.
so rry i meant the 94 newer, i always forget about the 86-89 model teg as existing, lol. :lol:

SilentMist

red_EF9si said:
why d**k around with an older gen teg console when the 94-UP GSR consoles are a bolt on affair?
Heres mine...

Mine came without a cig lighter too,but since i dont smoke it doesnt bother me.

I dont Smoke ethir,I am talking about the ash tray adn the cid lighter not the push in cig lighter thing but the actual Cig Housing that why mines looks completely retarted there on the way thou so real happy about that her Red Takeyou console off and underneath you shift boot slide the metal plug back into the slot so there aint no gap it is an after market boot simply slit hole where the Metal piece`s could push through and it will fit like a glove.

red_EF9si

röckïn dä älmïghty ß16
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that pic is old...i'm using a jdm type r integra shift boot now. looks awesome with the red stitching.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
red_EF9si said:
that pic is old...i'm using a jdm type r integra shift boot now. looks awesome with the red stitching.

yeah i have a type R boot with my console, and the CRV 5speed shift knob.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
red_EF9si said:

any 94+ teg console works, not just the GSRs

SilentMist

Look ridiculiously Sick now put in the cig lighter and ash tray no more gap and even got the side to clip up :-D worked at it for about 3 hours today and came out excellent Lovely how good things come out when you put love and blood into them :-D spent 10 minutes wiping off my blood on the console haha.

red_EF9si

röckïn dä älmïghty ß16
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good to hear it finally came together nicely. congrats.

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i went to the junkyard today and they had a 4door civic there just like mine. i went trough like 5 inewer integras to put together a center console and it wouldnt fit cuz i got the auto seat belts. so i got one out of a old integra it didnt fit tryed a bunch of civic center consolde didnt fit i found one crx and i was prying that it had the dosh in it nop nothing and i was a si but th cluster was gone to, so wat center consolde will fit good in my 4 door?

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone know if the 96-00 civic console works on a 88-91 civic?
Also... does the teg console have to be from a manual... or will an auto work too?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
no they will not work!