1991 hatchback: Click sound from under the passenger side dashboard close to ECU?

1991dxhatch

Hey guys, in my 1991 DX hatch i have a weird Click sound from under the passenger side dashboard close to ECU. It sounds like a failing relay to me but im not sure. When i hear the sound it sounds like a click/scratch sound and the engine seems to bog down when it makes this noise. Im pretty sure its moisture related due to a leak I had in the car. Could this sound be the ECU itself? or would it be a relay of some sort? Whatever it is its related to the fuel system or ECU because it affects how the car runs. I want to get to the bottom of this before the car dies somewhere on the road.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

RonJ

Banned
Is the LED on the ECU blinking any codes?

Do you have daytime running lights?

1991dxhatch

Is the LED on the ECU blinking any codes?

Do you have daytime running lights?
The ECU is Not showing any error codes. Daytime running lights work when you turn the light switch 1 click forward which is normal I beleive? these cars never had automatic runners did they?

Thanks for the reply.

RonJ

Banned
Daytime running lights work when you turn the light switch 1 click forward which is normal I beleive? these cars never had automatic runners did they?

The daytime running lights relay is the only relay in the area where you are hearing the clicking.

RonJ

Banned
Have a buddy get his head under there while you are driving in an attempt yo pinpoint the noise.