1991 honda civic lx idle issues

ThatPainterGuy

Hey everyone, new poster here.
I own a 1991 Honda civic LX Automatic 1.5 DPFI

Problem i am having is, the idle is pretty high. Cold idle (no lights or AC) is 2000 rpm
Warmed up it is around 1400, in drive 1000-1100 Also when warming up the idle goes up/down.
Turning on lights drops idle a little, AC the switch comes on and drops it a bit too. The switch goes off and idle goes up so i think that switch is working.

I bought the car for 900$, other than the idle circut it runs amazingly well.. its got lots of power, no smoke, leaks or squeels. Though it did have a few issues i have fixed or tried to solve so far. Here is what i have done and why. Ill try to be as descriptive as possible.

When i first bought it, it ran great...but it had a high idle, around 3000 rpm back then. but it drove well and had lots of power so i bought it, thinking the idle circut would be easy to fix......i later found out it wouldnt start well when hot..the key got stuck at times..other s*** got worse lol

codes back then were 16-14-12 for Fuel Injector, EACV (IACV) and EGR

1; Through research i found the hot start issue was tied to the MAIN RELAY it was a 7 pin, replaced
2; idle surging..cleaned IACV did not solve the problem, replaced with new IACV
3; high idle circut- all research leads to a FITV, a 1.5 DPFI does not utilize this system in 1991
4; vacuum leaks- replaced PCV and hose. Also replaced other suspectable bad hoses
5;Broke the air intake sensor when replacing the PCV...bought new AIS lol
6; injector code- replaced throttlebody, gasket/o-ring and both injectors <== gift from a freind)
7; Key would get stuck in ignition- was the gear selector switch on floor shifter. Replaced new
8; EGR code- replaced with new EGR valve.
9; Was told the coolant temp sensor could be causing the idle issue- i replaced with new. Was cheap.

So after replacing the IACV i still have the idle issue when cold/warming up now..when the idle reaches around 1400 it goes up/down/up/down. Upluging the 2 pin to it causes this to happen much more rapid susccession, and again after driving around a while it will not do it at all. No LED code come up for the IACV..though after i have replaced the injectors..i still get a code 16 (Injector) this car is driving me mad..:???:

I have again checked for vacuum leaks, if i cover the throttle body with my hand engine dies, checked with propane gas and found no leaks.

I have bled the system too *ala* eric the car guy way

I hope what i have stated helps, i just dont want to hear replace this..and that when i allready have. Im still learning HONDA i realy like the car i want to keep it, it gets amazing gas mileage and runs real solid otherwise. Just has a friggin idle issue im trying to solve, any advise appreciated.
All codes cleared except fuel injector 16, could fuel filter throw that code?

RonJ

Banned
Voltage and Ohm test the fuel injectors. It those are fine, measure the fuel pressure.

Clean the throttle body (TB) and make sure the throttle cable (TC) is not adjusted too tightly. A dirty TB or overtightened TC will prevent the throttle plate from fully closing.