1991 Honda CRX DX

Edison Carasio

Here's my 1991 Honda CRX DX. I bought it earlier this year. I trolled Craigslist for months and months and this was the cleanest, most complete one I could find so I paid more than I should have. Came with SSK 053 wheels (Spoon knockoffs) with new tires, full interior and lowered on ebay coilovers and a VW front lip. Only thing that was wrong with it was the AC needed a new blower motor and resistor and the driver seat was torn. OH and the killer is . . . it's an automatic.

Interior when I got it:

First I replaced the steering wheel (the rubber was all loose) with a Prelude wheel and the seats with Del Sol seats.

Since then, I've taken the Del Sol seats out and put the stockers back in, except I recovered the torn driver seat using cloth from the passenger seat of a junk yard CRX.

Plans now are swap to CRX Si transmission and recover my seats in black (fake) leather with red stitch, with black leather wrapped steering wheel with red stitch and a JDM Integra Type R shift boot. The only thing I need now for the swap is axles, starter and new clutch (i have a used one with a little meat on it). And I just need to order the seat covers to rewrap them. I still have the Del Sol seats, so I wouldn't mind having those done in black leather and red stitching, but the only covers I found for that were like $400.

This weekends project for it entails cleaning, painting and installing the 1st gen Intregra lip I found for it.

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
looks good good luck with the build and keep us updated

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Freaking nice. My brother had a trashed '89 CRX but the timing belt blew on the way home from work one day. He managed to drive it all the way home at less than 10 miles an hour.

Edison Carasio

I painted and installed a first gen Integra lip yesterday. The paint looks crappy up close because it was cheap rattle can paint that flaked off when installed and I had to touch it up, but I think the GF and I did an ok job of installing (she helped alot).

I'll try and get pics.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
clean rex how much did you buy it if i may ask?

Edison Carasio

I paid $1800 for it.

So I was in such a hurry to get the lip painted and installed, I forgot to primer it! Paint chipping already. FAIL.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@WickedFF: Haha yeah. My civic may be s**t, buy I still lover her.

That sucks dude about the paint. It usually is crucial to primer first lol. I'm almost out of primer. I'm doing my hubcaps that don't fit my civic a nice gloss black and just primers en tonight.

Edison Carasio

Yeah I can't believe I was stupid enough to forget about priming it. I guess cuz it was a faded gray it was already the color of primer? Lol I dunno. I guess we do s*** like that sometimes. I did pick up my axles and shift linkage for my auto-manual swap, so that's good. I'll do that and daily it for a while longer.

Maybe one day she's have a nice big K24 stuffed in her.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha. I'm gonna just get my paint professionally done.

Edison Carasio

looks good exterior wise, inside needs some tlc
Well it has stock OEM seats with fresh fabric and no tears inside and full interior. I think the interior is in better shape than the outside, as the hood has rock chips from 300xxx miles worth of driving and some quarter panel rust in the rear.

Edison Carasio

After the D16Z6 and Si trans are swapped in, I think I'm gonna work on getting rid of the eBay coils for some Tokico Illuminas with Tein S-techs.

Then swap in the steering wheel I have and recovering the CRX seats in black leather with red stitch. Should be hawt.