1992 Civic D16Z6 wont start

92_Civic

5+ Year Member
Im new to the honda scene and i have a 92 that wont start i tried everything i know it just cranks and cranks, its getting fuel, spark, and air if anyone has ideas let me know and the timing is correct

joegould29

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does it have any compression?? do a compression test and let us know..

newtron63h

5+ Year Member
whats the last service work done to it?

92_Civic

5+ Year Member
the fourth cylinder was low on compression but even so the car should run with that being low i wonder if a valve could have been sunk because the last thing that was wrong is it didnt have any spark and i narrowed it down to the distributor and i put a brand new one in

92_Civic

5+ Year Member
yup checked it like a thousand times and its right i have no clue im about to rip the motor and tranny put and get a gsr swap or an H22 swap and be done with it

bensmoore

5+ Year Member
you checked for spark in all 4 cyl.? you checked for fuel pressure? you checked the engine timing? .. compression was low in cylinder number 4? How low was it ?

92_Civic

5+ Year Member
like 100 psi no i did not check the fuel pressure but the plugs are wet when i pull them out and it has spark in all four cylinders and engine timing is on to

bensmoore

5+ Year Member
well if you know you have spark to all 4 but the plugs are wet when you pull them out .. your ignition timing has to be off .... Thats all i can say . firing order 1-3-4-2 :(