1992 Civic Si Anniversary Ed. Specs?

drprofessional

Hi, new to the forum.

I have a 1992 Honda Civic Si "20th Anniversary Edition" import and haven't had much luck finding specs online. I'm trying to confirm the engine and transmission mainly. The car has a ZC engine, which I believe may be a D16A9, and I'm assuming that the transmission is a S20 as opposed to an L3, so possibly an LSD? Any info from people on here would be appreciated. I'm also trying to determine if gearbox parts - close ratio gears, lightened flywheels, clutches - will be compatible from cars with the D-series engines that were sold in the US.

Cheers

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Welcome to the forum! ^_^
Well, I'm not all too familiar with the Specs on your given engine. But for sure, if it were a D16 and a ZC, the engine code would be D16ZC.
To be sure as to what Engine you have, you can check the Stamping on the Block where the block and the Transmission meet.
Here's a pic.

Are you sure it's a "20th Anniversary" Civic? Because the only one that I can think of that would fit in that category is the 2006 Honda Civic Si.
But anyway, yes, they are compatible except for the D17ZC Tranny which, if memory serves right, needs an adapter plate (I may be wrong). Also, the D17A series Trannies and pretty much every other aspect of the Engine is incompatible with other D-Series Trannies and Motors.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
idk if it was the 20th anniversary, but some of the 5th gen si hatches had lsd..

i am still pretty positive they still came with the d15 and not the zc engine though, so it may be a swap.. i would like to see pics. also i think they only came in black and the amthyst blue or whatever the color code was for that...

*edit* ah, f**k me, i just assumed u were in the states. not sure on the whole new zealand thing mate..

CivicSir-II

idk if it was the 20th anniversary, but some of the 5th gen si hatches had lsd..

i am still pretty positive they still came with the d15 and not the zc engine though, so it may be a swap.. i would like to see pics. also i think they only came in black and the amthyst blue or whatever the color code was for that...

*edit* ah, f**k me, i just assumed u were in the states. not sure on the whole new zealand thing mate..
I have for sale true brochure Si Zc 20th anniversary imported from Japan.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hi, new to the forum.

I have a 1992 Honda Civic Si "20th Anniversary Edition" import and haven't had much luck finding specs online. I'm trying to confirm the engine and transmission mainly. The car has a ZC engine, which I believe may be a D16A9, and I'm assuming that the transmission is a S20 as opposed to an L3, so possibly an LSD? Any info from people on here would be appreciated. I'm also trying to determine if gearbox parts - close ratio gears, lightened flywheels, clutches - will be compatible from cars with the D-series engines that were sold in the US.

Cheers

4th Gen ZC Identified by: Internal coil. OBD1 EFi system (grey plug). No cam angle sensor on exhaust cam, now located in distributor. Rubber plug where cam angle sensor would mount. Black cam cover. No PGM-EFi plate on the inlet manifold, replaced with three ribs instead. P29 stamped on inlet manifold. MAP sensor on TB. +7cc PM7 pistons, pent roof combustion chamber. As a ZC only appeared in EG5 Civic bodies, no Integra or CRX received this engine. Reasonably common produced from '92 to '94. (20th Anniversary edition & Japanese car of the year) D-series version D16A8/9 (Euro & Australia Civic Si & NZ Civic Gti) (sometimes +7cc P29 pistons)

http://www.d-series.org/forums/dohc-zc/91053-dohc-zc-specs-mods-parts-list.html

Hope that helps some.

Welcome to the forum! ^_^
Well, I'm not all too familiar with the Specs on your given engine. But for sure, if it were a D16 and a ZC, the engine code would be D16ZC.
To be sure as to what Engine you have, you can check the Stamping on the Block where the block and the Transmission meet.

Are you sure it's a "20th Anniversary" Civic? Because the only one that I can think of that would fit in that category is the 2006 Honda Civic Si.
But anyway, yes, they are compatible except for the D17ZC Tranny which, if memory serves right, needs an adapter plate (I may be wrong). Also, the D17A series Trannies and pretty much every other aspect of the Engine is incompatible with other D-Series Trannies and Motors.
hmm. where to start lol.

theres no such thing as a d16zc. your either thinking about the sohc d16z6 or your just mistaken. the zc engines were all labeled "ZC". no numbers involved. they are only able to be told apart by various parts on the motor itself.

1st Gen ZC
Identified by:
External coil, small dizzy, dual butterfly TB, cam cover bolts on top, brown/gold cam cover. Large cam pulleys.
+3cc PG6B pistons, non-pent roof combustion chamber.
As a ZC it appeared in JDM AV integra Si and JDM E-AT civic/crx Si. Commonly produced at the time but now over 20 years old and getting harder to find.
D-series version D16a1 86-87

2nd Gen ZC (rarest)
Identified by:
Internal coil, large dizzy, single butterfly TB mounted on slight angle forward, bolts on top of cam cover, black cam cover, large cam pulleys.
+7cc PM7 pistons, 43cc Pent roof combustion chamber.
As a ZC appeared in JDM facelift AV bodied integra Si did not appear in civic or CRX, rarest ZC only produced for less than one year.
D-series version D16a1 88 - 89 (sometimes +7cc P29 pistons)

3rd Gen ZC
Identified by:
Internal coil, large dizzy, single butterfly TB. Black cam cover. Cam cover bolts on the sides. Small cam pulleys. Inlet Manifold stamped PM7.
As a ZC appeared in JDM EF3 civic and EF7 crx, did not appear in an integra body. Most commonly produced ZC, manufactured in Japan from end of 87 through to early '91
D-series version D16a8/9 (euro civic Si) (sometimes +7cc P29 pistons)

4th Gen ZC
Identified by:
Internal coil. OBD1 efi system (grey plug). No cam angle sensor on exhaust cam, now located in Dizzy. Rubber plug where cam angle sensor would mount. Black cam cover. No PGM-EFi plate on the inlet manifold, replaced with three ribs instead. P29 stamped on inlet manifold. MAP sensor on TB.
+7cc PM7 pistons, pent roof combustion chamber.
As a ZC only appeared in EG5 civic bodies, no integra or CRX received this engine. Reasonably common produced from 92 to 94. (20th Anniversary edition & Japanese car of the year)
D-series version D16a8/9 (Euro & Australia civic Si & NZ civic Gti) (sometimes +7cc P29 pistons)

There is also a sohc zc engines and in both vtec and non-vtec.

The non-VTEC SOHC ZC is similar to the D16A6 ('91 - '96) and D16Y4 ('96-2000) engine, but with more aggressive cam timing.

The DOHC ZC is similar to the D16A1, D16A3, D16A8, D16A9 and D16Z5 engines

as for the 20th anniversary edition. the first civic was made in 72 there for the 92 would be the 20th year for the civic lol.

not raggin on you man just straightening facts =)

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
4th Gen ZC Identified by: Internal coil. OBD1 EFi system (grey plug). No cam angle sensor on exhaust cam, now located in distributor. Rubber plug where cam angle sensor would mount. Black cam cover. No PGM-EFi plate on the inlet manifold, replaced with three ribs instead. P29 stamped on inlet manifold. MAP sensor on TB. +7cc PM7 pistons, pent roof combustion chamber. As a ZC only appeared in EG5 Civic bodies, no Integra or CRX received this engine. Reasonably common produced from '92 to '94. (20th Anniversary edition & Japanese car of the year) D-series version D16A8/9 (Euro & Australia Civic Si & NZ Civic Gti) (sometimes +7cc P29 pistons)

http://www.d-series.org/forums/dohc-zc/91053-dohc-zc-specs-mods-parts-list.html

Hope that helps some.

hmm. where to start lol.

theres no such thing as a d16zc. your either thinking about the sohc d16z6 or your just mistaken. the zc engines were all labeled "ZC". no numbers involved. they are only able to be told apart by various parts on the motor itself.

1st Gen ZC
Identified by:
External coil, small dizzy, dual butterfly TB, cam cover bolts on top, brown/gold cam cover. Large cam pulleys.
+3cc PG6B pistons, non-pent roof combustion chamber.
As a ZC it appeared in JDM AV integra Si and JDM E-AT civic/crx Si. Commonly produced at the time but now over 20 years old and getting harder to find.
D-series version D16a1 86-87

2nd Gen ZC (rarest)
Identified by:
Internal coil, large dizzy, single butterfly TB mounted on slight angle forward, bolts on top of cam cover, black cam cover, large cam pulleys.
As a ZC appeared in JDM facelift AV bodied integra Si did not appear in civic or CRX, rarest ZC only produced for less than one year.
D-series version D16a1 88 - 89 (sometimes +7cc P29 pistons)

3rd Gen ZC
Identified by:
Internal coil, large dizzy, single butterfly TB. Black cam cover. Cam cover bolts on the sides. Small cam pulleys. Inlet Manifold stamped PM7.
As a ZC appeared in JDM EF3 civic and EF7 crx, did not appear in an integra body. Most commonly produced ZC, manufactured in Japan from end of 87 through to early '91
D-series version D16a8/9 (euro civic Si) (sometimes +7cc P29 pistons)

4th Gen ZC
Identified by:
Internal coil. OBD1 efi system (grey plug). No cam angle sensor on exhaust cam, now located in Dizzy. Rubber plug where cam angle sensor would mount. Black cam cover. No PGM-EFi plate on the inlet manifold, replaced with three ribs instead. P29 stamped on inlet manifold. MAP sensor on TB.
+7cc PM7 pistons, pent roof combustion chamber.
As a ZC only appeared in EG5 civic bodies, no integra or CRX received this engine. Reasonably common produced from 92 to 94. (20th Anniversary edition & Japanese car of the year)
D-series version D16a8/9 (Euro & Australia civic Si & NZ civic Gti) (sometimes +7cc P29 pistons)

There is also a sohc zc engines and in both vtec and non-vtec.

The non-VTEC SOHC ZC is similar to the D16A6 ('91 - '96) and D16Y4 ('96-2000) engine, but with more aggressive cam timing.

The DOHC ZC is similar to the D16A1, D16A3, D16A8, D16A9 and D16Z5 engines

as for the 20th anniversary edition. the first civic was made in 72 there for the 92 would be the 20th year for the civic lol.

not raggin on you man just straightening facts =)
Yeah, it's cool. I said D16ZC, because he said it was a D16A9 and said it was a ZC. What I was trying so say was that the engines were 2 different engines. Like it says above, the D16A9 is similar, but it is not a ZC. What I meant to do is use the Engine Code Classifications to make it a little less confusing. If he did in fact have a D-Block (sounds like a prison ward, lol) 1.6L ZC Head, then he would be able to tell from the engine code, but it would not would not be a D16A9 and a ZC. I was so tired last night, I guess I just confused myself. lol. Thanks for lookin out.