1992 Civic Valve Cover Gasket Question...

TheGeneralLee86

5+ Year Member
It was probably all that gunk you had in the fuel tank and the low pressure in the tank due to the hole... good to hear the good news though! :thumbs up
Yeah It also had the oil and rubber coating on the tank and the whole under neath of the car and I think because of the hole it got a whole ton of the coating in the tank too.

P.S. forgot to add to know I can fill the tank all the way up and not have to be putting gas in it for a month or so will be really nice and now I can figure the true gas mileage which I know will be 28mpg or more!

luispizarro25

5+ Year Member
I bought my car last summer, and I been looking into doing a cleaning in my gas tank. I dont really know if it has ever been done in this car (93 ex). Would you recomend this at all? Is it part of the service required for proper performance of the car? When I go visit my girlfriend I go through hills soemtimes and i see the speed of the car going from 120km to 110 up hill. I know there isnt much torque in these cars and thats probly why this happens.

94D15B7

5+ Year Member
That's about what mine is too and my dads good with vehicles and he says that he guarantee it is most likely the valve cover gasket. I am hoping he is right.=)

I am also gonna be havin all of this done when my local mechanic puts in my Gas tank and straps on I am also having him put the Valve Cover Gasket and the furel filter I bought in too! I was wondering should I check the spark plugs to make sure they are't fouled up from the oil and what not?
yes you should. and if i were you i wouldn't be paying a mechanic to put in a fuel filter and valve cover gasket.

Dougdog084

5+ Year Member
Check the cam seals also
You said it isnt dripping oil if it was i would check the oil pressure switch its behind the block.

midnighteg-6

5+ Year Member
just go to the car wash power wash your engine for like 3 to 5 munutes ove and over and rinse your engine will look super clean then run it for a day and check you should be able to see were the oil is coming from, you culd have a bad seal , worn valve cover gasket, loose oil filter loose distruibutor , worn oil pan gasket , loose bolt on the oil pan or a loose oil plug check all of this and youl be sure to find that problem