1992 Cx hatch...2005 K20A Type-r swap...

Civic98Talon94

downshifting to 5th gear
5+ Year Member
My name is Josh, and I'm from Southeastern Alabama...I have made an intro. thread already, and a few other picture and question ones...I have a 1992 Civic Cx Hatch, and a 2005 K20A Type-R motor and tranny...I' ve decided to start on my build...So, with out further delay, here's my progress so far...

I stripped the interior, of all but the door panels and dash, which are soon to come out also...I am going to have the whloe can sprayed Champion White NH-O...just as soon as I finish gutting and stripping it...as soon as the paint is dry...i will be putting the K20 into it's rightful place...

Afew build pics below...

A few newer pics and a couple of videos, on page 4....:D

Last edited:

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your pictures arent working. fail

Civic98Talon94

downshifting to 5th gear
5+ Year Member
Pics !!!

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68132

when i first got her.

stock D15B8 on the left...and K20A on the right...

Driveshaft Shop 2.9 stage k-swap axels...rated to 400 hp...

Like I said, i have more pics on my friends camera...and I have about 99% of all the parts to complete this swap...

Last edited:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe it when its in and running. 90% of the people on this site say they are doing a K swap, and never follow through. Hopefully you'll follow through. :thumbs up

Civic98Talon94

downshifting to 5th gear
5+ Year Member
It will be done...

This swap will be done...you can count on it...Money is of no option, I work on an Oil Rig, in the Gulf of Mexico...I bring home around $2,000.00 every week...So, that's not holding me back...I work on the Rig, for 3 weeks at a time, then have 3 weeks off...when i get home the 23rd of december...the plabn is to get it to paint soon after christmas...and as soon as the paint drys...to being assembly...

You could not even begin to imagine how much money I already have invested in this build...because I have bought nothing but quality parts, and I am not cutting any corners...The motor and tranny came from HMotorsonline.com, and all my swap parts I bought from Hybrid-Racing.com...I plan on supercharging this build , with a kraftworks supercharger...

In case you guys were wondering, I already have $16,000 plus in this build, and still counting...I under stand, that I could've built a 700hp plus b-series for that much...but this is not what I wanted...

The plan is to build a clean ass DD, and take it to the track sometimes...I am shooting for a spot in Honda Tuning magazine...they just don't know it yet...

So stay tuned...this BEAST will soon arrise

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Love it. Looked better with the ls rims. Eg+k swap= nothing but a good time.

rwlsvtec_03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
very nice! looking to do a k swap after i'm finished with my gt35r ls/vtec build. make sure to keep posting pics.. i want to see that K in there!

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
sweet build, i love the dedication you have.. keep it up and I know you won't disappoint us!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man i remember the money from the oilfield..

i miss it so much...

lets get this thing rockin eh?