1993 civic alternator issue

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
Ok so yesterday after a whole day of riding around blasting music my battery light came on. My boy adviced me to do the alternator trick and yup its done. My problem now is i called the local junkyard and was asked wich brand my car takes im like ????. He said two wierd manufacturers names and one was $35 the other $75. My question is does it matter on craigslist theirs someone with a 97 alternator can't i use that? im no where in the green to go and buy a brand new one any help would be appreciated. BTW my car is a 93 ex d16z6 auto if that matters any.

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i believe the two brands are denso and mitsu. the only way to tell what one your car has is to look at it.

Gunner

Registered VIP
i believe the denso was the stock for that year, however if the bolt up is the same and the amps are not to high then the name brand does not matter no. Biggest things is the AMPS to much would fry stuff and not enough would provide charge, as long as it is 130-160 amps you should be fine..and of course they have to line up or it wont bolt on.