1993 civic radiator fan?

1993civicDX

hello, I have a 93 civic dx and the radiator fan is not working, checked the fuse box under the hood, any idea what might be wrong? should I just get a new radiator?

Pretty sure it's the cooling fan relay which I checked lol. Let the car warm up and it still has not came on.

Thought I would post this here, went to napa the other day and they said the fan don't turn on until the engine is over heating. But I figured that's not the right answer haha...

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
Check two ways, turn the A/C on (ECU forces the radiator fan to activate when A/C is on) and back probe the connector at the fan and check for battery voltage (normally ~12.6v). If it operates your radiator fan is good.

Next, turn off the A/C and wait for the car to warm up, you can accelerate this by holding the the gas pedal at 2000 rpm for about 2-3 minutes to raise coolant temperature. This will force the thermostat to open and start cycling the coolant at a higher rate and eventually the coolant will heat up to a point where it will activate the ECT Switch or more commonly called the radiator fan switch. Repeat the back probing process.

Note the difference between the ECT Switch and Sensor. The Switch is located on the thermostat housing. The ECT sensor is located on the passenger side of the cylinder head towards the front of the engine.

You can measure resistance at the ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor connector.as well for operation. You will need to find a chart for relevance between temp and resistance. Typically if resistance is changing evenly as temperature rises and falls your good to go.