1994 civic piston gap?

tenzo

hey everyone new here.

iam from the 209 area

now iam new to the honda scene.

i own a 94 civic ex. pertty much stock besides lowered a bit.

But recently i had sum valve slap so i took the head off purchased a new one and had it resurfaced
and pressure checked

now i noticed like around the piston thiers like a lip forming hard to explain but it seems if like the piston was hitting the head kinda?!! iam so confused . i dont know if i should put the head back on or not?
heres sum pics..............

THE one TO YOUR LEFT

i purchased sum arp studs and thick headgasket. planning to go boost on this motor.
now would it be safe to put the head back on or not?

another question iam not a mechanic but trying to save money. thats why i own a civic.
i took off the head but a friend told me i was suppose to have put the crank and all (TDC)
i did not do that. is that bad??

luv4honda

gettin her ready
5+ Year Member
anytime you take the head off you have to mark a spot on the timing belt to get the timing right or reset everything to TDC.

tenzo

ok how do i do that when the head is off already? like set it to TDC when head is off the block?

madmike91

its to late now bro. but get some braek cleaner and clen the pistons a couple times and then take a pic so its a lil more clear

tenzo

yeah but my question is since the head is off already how do i put it back since its not TDC

HondaBlood

Grease Monkey
Best advice would be for you to track down a copy of the manufactures manual ( not one from your local parts store ). If your going to be putting in the wrench time you will find the manual invaluable. It will be able to answer most any question. just be sure that if you have a motor swap get the manual that corresponds to your engine.