1994 EH2 Hatch w/ D16Y8 -- Work In Progress

yakobm

I was embarrassed to put this car up at first, but I guess that's the point of this section of the site. I used to drive a silver 2001 DX Coupe that was absolutely perfect in my eyes (could have used A/C but I was happy). Late last year me, my friends and my girlfriend crammed into it and embarked on the 30 minute journey to Jack In The Box (we were drunk, except for the designated driver, and they had the Really Big Chicken Sandwich Deal going on at the time).

Long story short, 20 year old drunk driver swerves sideways around the corner into our lane, we t-bone her, everybody in the back of my car suffers injuries, including the right side of my forehead being peeled back, leaving me with a 7-inch scar that runs across my face. The Civic -- totaled (by a Scion tC nonetheless).

My family cleans up my 1996 Ford Explorer XLT, that I had before the Civic, for my birthday. About 2 weeks later I trade it for THIS. I suppose I came out ahead on that transaction. And now for pics...

Need rims. I think I'm going to change out the coil overs (stock ones right now) and raise it a little bit then put some 15's on it. Not sure if I could pull that off right now without the tires rubbing.

I just recently bought some stock sideskirts for it.

The interior's so ugly =(... One day it'll be NICE

Don't listen to this picture, it's not vtec-e. The guy I got the car from said it was, but it's actually all D16Y8, with a vtec-e valve cover.

So there it is. Here's a list of things I need/want so far:

Coilovers, lift the car just a tad so I don't bottom out all over the place.

Some wheels

Carpet needs to be tucked in, might get new carpeting altogether...

I'd like stock front and back seats, and the back seats aren't even bolted on and have some gap between the part you sit on and the part your back lays against.

Working dome light =(

Numerous plastics in the back, plus the stock floor that covers the spare tire, dude before me just put some particle board back there. Doesn't look awful but I want the majority of this thing STOCK.

New bumper as of 4/18/11, when I ran down my good friend Percy the Possum at speeds in excess of 95 MPH (just before the off-ramp, FML). Will also need a new splash guard after that incident.

Stock valve cover... OR a different valve cover that says vtec instead of vtec-e

Needs a tune-up as it has a rough cold start and ~400 rpm idle...

Need to figure out how to get the antenna working, I'm tired of listening to the two stations that are close enough for me to pick up.

Door panel inserts where the handle and the lock are. The interior pic shows what I mean.

I need to fix some issues with the shifter. it's loose as all hell when in gear, and has an unbearable rattle noise. From what I researched it shouldn't be too difficult, but we'll see.

Oh, and a PAINT JOB... it's original color was WHITE and you can tell in some spots... I'll probably do that myself because I don't want to spend too much on something like that...

Share your opinions and suggestions, I might even use some =)

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
i thought all the y8 had vtec though.

why would you raise it up after you put coilovers on? the tires should NOT rub with 15's and a good alignment
i have 195/55/15 and im sitting pretty low and my tires dont rub

[P1] HeadGasket

i thought all the y8 had vtec though.

why would you raise it up after you put coilovers on? the tires should NOT rub with 15's and a good alignment
i have 195/55/15 and im sitting pretty low and my tires dont rub
it does have vtec but it doesnt have vtec-e

which is the economy friendly vtec

yakobm

that is correct, mr. head gasket.

and deevibez, i don't want to raise it a lot, just a bit so it doesn't bottom out so bad. if i drive over a street with lots of gravel, it acts as a steamroller and flattens the gravel out. bad place for a dropped car.

yakobm

my homie is coming down from the city with some parts (including a cargo cover)... i didn't even ask him to. he's got a stock 98 EK hatch... that's my boy!

yakobm

still very little progress. updated the first post with things that i just realized i need.

going to Pull-A-Part tomorrow with my friend (he has an H22 in a 94 accord). bringing a few hundred just in case.

hopefully i can get this ball rolling.

yakobm

wow.

got a new center console with a working cup holder, assembly to go around my steering wheel, plastic that goes behind the steering wheel assembly under the dash, all for under $20... that place is amazing. had some back seats (and front seats) that i could have gotten but they were kind of messy. these cars were just left out in the rain and had all types of s*** on them.

i have to clean the parts then get black dye for them, they're gray right now and won't match up very well.

i'll post new pics of the interior when i get that done some time this week.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol i have mint cup hodlers, but i tooke emout because i put the double din console in my car so the space between ebrake and passneger seat is my ebrake lol, i refuse to spill anything on my sparco seat.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice start, but let me get this right, you were drunk driving to jack in the box?--- if so that is seriously not cool. the car looks like it has been run through, if i were you i would paint it back to the frost white that it was, its such a better looking car in white ;) if you want your integra back seats to sit proper you need the 4 door rears not the 2 door IF i am recalling correctly. one of the hatch boys can tell you better.

yakobm

no. i was drunk. so my friend was driving. the driver of the other car was wasted and swung her car sideways into us.

anyways. i'm trying to get the stock rear seats. possibly stock front seats if i find a good deal. definitely going to paint it white, but i'll probably do it myself.

edit: totally see where i left out that my friend who drove wasn't drunk. haha. my bad. edited

yakobm

i paid around $15 for these pieces at pick-a-part... bath time so i can dye them black (except for the one that's already black

and everybody say hello to my dog, Griffin. he dislikes intruders.