1994 Honda Civic EX

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
MAINE 1994 Honda Civic EX

Now I know I have posted another thread on my car, I just wanted to start it over. This is going to be a build thread instead of a question.

Hi there to those who know me, I'm from Maine and I picked this car up last year up in Houlton; it was an 8 hour drive to go see the car and back; and then later on to buy it. When I got the car there was a few weird issues with it.

Price $2000 (Under KBB value -500)
Engine - D16Z6 w/ Headers (Probably Ebay) w/ 159,000 miles on it. As of right now it has around 170,000 miles on it.

-MY ENGINE BAY-

2.) I am so not getting the gas mileage my brother would get on his Late 93 EX, same everything. He would get around 430 miles per tank, at max I can only get 350; even using the cruise control.

3.) If I drive the car and then get to my destination sometimes the car's RPM's keep going up and down from 1000 to 2500 RPMS, would this be the O2 Sensor?

2.)The kid before me jerry rigged a stupid tachometer in the car, which messed up the VSS. I ended up getting a new one; and just lately the VSS has been working properly, no more random "90 mph" when I'm only going 25.

3.) Cluster was bad as well

4.) Entire Distributor had to be replaced... just so happened to fail on my wedding day. haha...

5.) CV Axle

6.) ALL 8 rear trailing arm bushings.... $200 on parts alone...

7.) Slave Cylinder

2.)Now when I went to get a quote at a local body work shop the guy quoted me 3200 for a paintjob... this included a new hood. The guy showed me that I have ripples in my hood; and yes I do... so I was also thinking about getting a carbon fiber hood; which will in the end save me money on the paintjob in the end.

3.) I have a nice hole in my trunk space so I need to fiber glass resin/ patch it up; and when I get a paint job, I'll have the guy do the trunk as well.

4.) I need to replace the other axle now, I noticed it has started to leak and has a cut in it sadly.

I have a spoon front lip, a type-R rear lip, and Evo 4 side skirts awaiting a paintjob.
I also have some eyelids for my lights; and rain guards, and OEM style Fog Lights.

Go ahead and tell me that will look ricer... I have my own style and I am sticking to it.

Silver rims, with a Blue paintjob (even the door guards painted as well), a carbon fiber hood, Black Angel Eye Headlights w/ the eyelids over them to make it even more mean looking, The tail lights I plan on switching out to something closer to stock, Black rain guards to match with the eyelids and headlights; and then last but not least the fog lights to add a front bumper touch, along with the front grill black to maintain the premises of that color to match everything else.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Doesnt look like a bad start, little pricey with the work it needed tho. Ill be watching for progress =]

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
g/l with build...plans for under the hood? suspension?
If anything that will be the last thing I do. The cosmetics need a boost first sadly.

As for Suspension; I just got new struts to put it at stock height; so that will be a long time before I decided to lower it. I'll have to see after the paint job and how much space is left from the rear and front lip/ side skirts.

EJ6_COUPE

If anything that will be the last thing I do. The cosmetics need a boost first sadly.

As for Suspension; I just got new struts to put it at stock height; so that will a long time before I decided to lower it. I'll have to see after the paint job and how much space is left from the rear and front lip/ side skirts.
cool cool
jst keep updates and pics if you can
also are you panning on keeping those headlights?

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
cool cool
jst keep updates and pics if you can
also are you panning on keeping those headlights?
Yes sir I do plan on keeping the head lights (why do you like them?); although I might need to re-seal them... I noticed a small amount of moisture in them.

***UPDATE***

I got my white faces to work finally; I'll get a picture up sometime tonight. I need to go get some modeling paint; probably Florescent Orange that way my needles stick out against the blue a lot better.

-FIXED-
I over looked a 7.5A fuse. Lesson Learned; and my dome light and trunk light work now.

I got a new CD player; granted may not be the greatest thing in the world; but it's nice to have something that isn't about to die. I had a PIONEER that is around 5 years old and every so often when I touch a button the screen and lights go out (but it's still running mind you... lol)

HORN - was not working because the wiring broke off from the connector right at the horn; so I decided to make the wiring a little nicer looking.

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
Doesnt look like a bad start, little pricey with the work it needed tho. Ill be watching for progress =]
Thanks, up here that's a really good price; and also I know the guy so I get to pay weekly on the bill.

Progress definitely to come, after my wife's car is fixed. haha....

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good luck with your build bro...

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
any plans on a swap in the future?
If I can find a B16 in good condition; that hasn't been in a demolition derby. Trust me... it's sad around here; everyone's a Chevy / Ford fan... so when it comes to Honda's; they get the whole derby treatment. Makes me angry... My Brother use to have a 91 CRX Si, the frame had NO rust; was in great condiiton; but when my bro had to sell it... some guy came around and told him "Man I'd love to use this in a Demolition Derby". Granted he didn't sell it to him; but the guy we did sell it to crashed the damn thing racing it...

As for me getting a B16C5, or B18; I can only hope someday.

deschlong

5+ Year Member
You'd better cover up the connectors on that horn - they're pretty seriously exposed. The copper will be corroded within a year. Pack some lithium grease in there and you should be set.

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
You'd better cover up the connectors on that horn - they're pretty seriously exposed. The copper will be corroded within a year. Pack some lithium grease in there and you should be set.
I can try and cover them; I was lucky my hands fit in between the fender's grill. That was a tight fit...

So you're saying wrap it in (what? Electric Tape?), and pack lithium grease inside of the wrapping?

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
looks clean.. ditch the headlights and the taillight idea imo
I want those head lights; I'm searching for better tail-lights though. I'm keeping this to an art... I have an artist's mind and I want it to looks a certain way. Sharp, clean... and not stupid looking. Not over-done either... or in others peoples perspectives "Ricey".

Take a look at this... lmao.
This is what my brother use to own....

SOoooo Not going that route; while it was an awesome running car... I WILL NOT go that route. I'm going simple, but elegant.

nyjprice

5+ Year Member
That was a nice CRX and your EX is nice too. Its gd to see that your saving that car hope it all worth it for you that's what matters in the end looking forward to see how this build gos

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
doesnt look to bad, dont go with those tail lights though