1995 Civic Coupe Cooling Issues

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
ok so i was driving the car on the freeway i hear boom . then i pull over checc it and the hose to the radiator blew. then i tow it off go to autoZ and get new on and coolant . i replace then i bleed so air can come out and refil .then it wont turn on . so i notice theres no fan . so i expose the fan wire then connect it so wen i turn the car on the fan will work by itself and when off it will turn off. now theres a leak somewere else. i take to a mechanic and he says its the water pump . and i might need to change timming . 214000 miles . how much if i get parts myslef? and how much should it normally cost

LU!$

5+ Year Member
no more than like 125 to 150. happened to me a month ago. and im still having heating issues. water pump is less than 50 bucks

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
i actually just recently did this to my 93 dx and it was an easy job once u know what ur doing.... i paid 30 dollars for my water pump and i think it was 20 for my timing belt. and if u do the work urself with everything it comes down to no more than 75 dollars.and i also replaced the valve cover gasket since i had the cover off anyways and if u have any questions about how to do it just let me know and i can help u out........i also suggest replacing ur thermostat and the gasket for the thermostat and once ur done that flush your coolant system and bleed it did all this to mine and it runs amazing now.

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
and if u have any questions about how to do it just let me know and i can help u out........i also suggest replacing ur thermostat and the gasket for the thermostat and once ur done that flush your coolant system and bleed it did all this to mine and it runs amazing now.
YES PLEASE HELP LOL . cause everywere i call they charge 400 500 600 hundred dollars to do it . and i check autoZ and parts are cheap and i know its not that much labor into it.

stickeyrice84

5+ Year Member
their is more than what u think i you have never have done one, it took me about 6 to 8 hrs to do my first one, 4 or 5 hundred is not all that bad for a shop to do as long as their is a warranty on it, have you looked into how much work is into changing ur belt at all

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
not yet lol i just logged back in to ask that question . and to see what all do i need to purchase. cause i can see were my pump is but its a tight fit

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
yes it is a very tight space but deff can be done and it only took me about 2-3 hours to do it once i got the hang of everything. i believe the hardest thing was gettting the bottom crank shaft pulley not to spin without an airgun or anything like that but i found a lil secret to it. so wicked if u want me to give u step by step on how to do it i will be more than happy to

JDMchula

c0up3 stAY Fr3SH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when u r asking the garages to do the work r u having them buy all the parts? if so thats the prob

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
x2 i agree that is a very true i called a garage for the price to do a throwout bearing in a civic i was gonna buy and they said it was like 450 and i told them i had the part and they dropped it quite a bit, all up to you whether u wanna do it yourself or have someone do it.