1995 civic CX (HEADER)

nycart

I need a little help here, I have a 1995 civic CX just bought recently and i want to replace my headers but I don't know what is the best in the market right now and I want the street 'LEGAL' headers.. Tnx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycart

I checked my headers right now it's look rusty and Im trying to do some performance upgrade and I want to start replacing the headers.

Last edited:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Paint them, you wont get any noticeable gain from a header swap. Buying a cheap poorly fitting header is not the route you want to go. Buy some VHT paint and get rid of that "rusty" look and take what you saved and whisk your girl/kid/sibling to taco bell for one of those big nacho things and some awesome sex/bonding/food fight.

nycart

So you're saying I'm not gonna get gain any hp even I change my headers?

nycart

Let say I'm gonna change the whole thing now, headers up to full exhaust system, what brand are going to recommend?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm gonna be that guy.. you have a header, not headers. :thumbs up

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Borg Warner
:lol:

OP leave the factory exhaust manifold alone if HP increases are what you're after on your CX. The only way you'll be adding significant power is by means of a turbo kit or engine swap. That information is widely available both on this site and other Honda forums.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
You aren't asking the right questions, what you want the car to do specifically.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Could stock motor handle the turbo?

There is no way to know that for sure. Too many factors and depends on the condition of the internals, the amount of HP, your skill at building, the quality of the parts used, the correct tune, etc.

You need to do some research. EVERYTHING you have asked has been covered in length on this forum as well as every other forum for hondas. No one is going to spoon feed the information and this thread is going to turn into the typical fight. Mark my words.